cluch go,s dead

R/C Hippie

Ok here's the deal my cluch keeps going dead! {like the cable is not hoked up but it is]I think it has groves in the basket but I am not sure.has anyone else had this problem?

When it goes "dead", is the push rod lever (the attachment on the other end of the clutch cable) still engaged??

so does it hang up when your hard on the throttle but come back when you let off? or does it hang and stay hung up even when you stop the bike?

i agree that it sounds like a grooved basket but i would think that it would let loose as soon as you let off the throttle and backload the tranny...

unless the rod and ball are welded and keep welding to the clutch engagement arm then breaking loose (i doubt it) i would lean twords the basket being grooved.

i guess you need to pull the clutch cover and check the pressure plate/ball/rod/clutch arm and basket. if anything looks worn then swap it out.

i cant think of anything else that would cause your problem. i would have suggested swapping your clutch lever and cable but you said that the clutch arm goes dead so it leads me to believe that your lever or cable's not hanging up....

Edited by swrbansheeboy

so does it hang up when your hard on the throttle but come back when you let off? or does it hang and stay hung up even when you stop the bike?

i agree that it sounds like a grooved basket but i would think that it would let loose as soon as you let off the throttle and backload the tranny...

unless the rod and ball are welded and keep welding to the clutch engagement arm then breaking loose (i doubt it) i would lean twords the basket being grooved.

i guess you need to pull the clutch cover and check the pressure plate/ball/rod/clutch arm and basket. if anything looks worn then swap it out.

i cant think of anything else that would cause your problem. i would have suggested swapping your clutch lever and cable but you said that the clutch arm goes dead so it leads me to believe that your lever or cable's not hanging up....

thanks It comes back when I rev it in netural, time for a tare down!

wait, the throw-out arm is spring loaded and shouldn't flop. if the cable hangs up, however, the clutch lever on the handle bars will be limp, and hold the clutch disengaged. vibrations from revving the engine could help release the cable. i would check the cable itself, if you meant the lever on the perch goes limp.

wait, the throw-out arm is spring loaded and shouldn't flop. if the cable hangs up, however, the clutch lever on the handle bars will be limp, and hold the clutch disengaged. vibrations from revving the engine could help release the cable. i would check the cable itself, if you meant the lever on the perch goes limp.

No its not the cable ,the lever on the case is limp to!Thanks

No its not the cable ,the lever on the case is limp to!Thanks

First how long has the clutch been on there? How often are you riding? When was the last time you adjusted the clutch? I have burnt a clutch on one dune ride. I would suggest taking the clutch cover off and checking it out. Since your in there spend the $50 and put a pancake bearing in there. It will save you major headaches in the future. Buy a good clutch when you replace it. Check both your inner and outer basket and make sure its not groved. When you pull in the clutch the fiber plate fingers will catch on the grooves and not allow your clutch to disengage.