how do you tune pwk 28mm flatslide carbs?

byro12

I have a new set of pwk 28mm carbs on a stock motor.2003 banshee with k&n filter, v-force reeds, stock exhaust and those pwk 28mm keihin flatslide carbs. the jetting is at 155, pilot is at 45, and the needle is set up at top 2nd clip.i am just above sea level(like 2-3 meters). it bogs out past half, i switched the clip to the top 1st one and it bogs out starting off and past 3/4 and it was faster than before. can anyone give me an idea of what i should do to fine tune my bike or at least give me exact specifications? thanks for your time.

Edited by byro12

I have a new set of pwk 28mm carbs on a stock motor.2003 banshee with k&n filter, v-force reeds, stock exhaust and those pwk 28mm keihin flatslide carbs. the jetting is at 155, pilot is at 45, and the needle is set up at top 2nd clip.i am just above sea level(like 2-3 meters). it bogs out past half, i switched the clip to the top 1st one and it bogs out starting off and past 3/4 and it was faster than before. can anyone give me an idea of what i should do to fine tune my bike or at least give me exact specifications? thanks for your time.

Your probably lean on your needle. What needle are you using?

Mains might be rich.. but.. better to start rich then lean. Also.. where is your a/f screw set.?

and im not sure what size my needle is, the orignal that came with the carbs.how can you know what size it is?

Take it out and look at the #'s stamped into the side of it. :ph34r:

Main jet:155

pilot:45

air screw:1 1/2 turns

needle set:2nd from top

and im not sure what size my needle is, the orignal that came with the carbs.how can you know what size it is?

You have to unscrew the cap inside the slide and pull out the needle, there are engravings on the base.