Swingarm Pivot Bolt Help

Hey fellas, Need some help, and ever since the forum changed I can't seem to get the hang of the search feature like before. But anywho, I wrecked this thing and swingarm bearings are shot. I got new bearings bolt and sleeve..I've been working alot recently and haven't had much time to piss with this thing but I have sprayed the hell out of it with wd for the past 3 days.. I goes out today and get out the BFH thinking im gonna drive that bitch out of there to no avail, It's just wanting to mushroom the end of the bolt.. Do you guys have any advice or should i just cut the whole fucking swinger out? Is it possible to just cut the bolt itself without damaging the swinger?/ Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John.

Soak the shit out of it with something like PB Blaster. Then bash the shit outa it with your bfh. Of that don't work, cut the bolt. Remember to drill and tap the swing arm and carrier and put a grease zerk in both so you can grease them when ever so they don't get rusted and stuck, seized in there.

I did both mine few years ago so i can keep them all well lubed up and now the bolt and bearings come out by hand all the time Simple to do.

Edited by savage420

Yeah like i said i've sprayed it with penetrant for the past 3 days everyday..and I don't think im going to be able to beat it out...my luck i keep going ill slip and hit the fuckin case...So grinder with cutting wheel is gonna be my option i think...where can i cut? right in front of the caps?

WD40 wont do shit, it's not a penetrating fluid. Is's (WD)water displacement! (40) is how many times it took the guy that invented it to get it right lol. Basically the main pourpose of it is to prevent corrosion from starting, but once corrosion is in there its not really good for anything.

Try some PB blaster man, it just works and if you can twist the bolt any while soaking it, do that also. But if for some reason your bolt is slightly bent, you need to cut that shit out.

Edited by savage420

Meh, too much hassle..I aint got the time to dick around with it...The bolt will spin about half a turn so it's bent i assume..I'm cuttin'

Damn rights. :ph34r: