blowing water out the rh pipe.

slopoke

Cranked her up today and went for a spin. Noticed the righthand side would go quiet after easing around a bit then when I would hammer on it it would come back. Got back to the shop only to find when you gunned it it would blow a lot of water out the exaust. I pulled the head and thought I found the prob. An oring was kinda scarred so I replaced all orings. Put it back together and ran it down the road. Still done the going dead on the rh side. I am going to pull the pipes and make sure they are not full of water. Both sides have 210 psi of pressure.

OH YEA it loosing water bad. Not pushing it out, its going out the exaust

May want to inspect the base gasket on that side. The rubber plug on the exhaust side will start leaking over time and push coolant into the lower end and up and out. The failure should be obvious if you check it. Outside of that, someone might be sneaking up and putting water in your pipes when you are not watching. Have kids?.......

B

I will loose a radiator full of water it no time. I just did it all at once. I am going to ck the rubber plug. I wasn't sure where the water would go if they leaked. I pulled the reeds and the rh side is full of water. Pulling jugs shortly. PS WHEN I SAY ALOT I MEAN YOU CAN FILL A CUP UP IT JUST A FEW SECONDS.

Edited by slopoke

I will loose a radiator full of water it no time. I just did it all at once. I am going to ck the rubber plug. I wasn't sure where the water would go if they leaked. I pulled the reeds and the rh side is full of water. Pulling jugs shortly. PS WHEN I SAY ALOT I MEAN YOU CAN FILL A CUP UP IT JUST A FEW SECONDS.

Feel lucky if the rod is not bent.......

B

Hey guys, I'm having this problem too. Thing is, I just had a well known local shop completely rebuild mine and assemble it. There are literally 10 seconds of runtime on it and it did this same thing....think they screwed up the head gasket? Top to bottom new parts including crank, seals, bearings,cylinder work, pistons and head work. They assembled it and we put it back into the chassis and started it for the 10 seconds that are on it. Coolant was blowing out the right silencer and blew out of the radiator with the cap off .... Whatcha think??? Thanks for any info. you might have. Chris :down: