Shaboom

bt's shee

We ride at Shaboom (Black Lake) and around Douglas Lake every summer and love it. Other than the dunes, are there other great riding areas in MI? Since we regularly drive from OH to N. MI, I figure we shoud dtart finding other cool places to stop in and check out.

Thanks,

bt

Now that's just freaky! My family has a cabin on douglas lake and I grew up riding those trails! I even live in central-ish ohio haha. I was just up there over 4th of july riding as a matter of fact :biggrin: . Going up next weekend too.

I've heard there's all kinds of crazy trails in the UP, haven't made it up there yet though. I know there's lots of other trails systems in the lower peninsula, just grab a trail map.

If you're looking for somewhere closer, a really cool place in ohio is Wellsville. It's right on the OH/PA/WV border. I'm heading there sept 25th with a big group. From the mouth of the owner, "The only rule here, is that there are no rules".

Next year we are hopefully going into the UP to ride. We have a cabin in Brutus near Burt Lake. The Camp Deli is badass!!

I have a MI trail atlas and have rode alot of the smaller trail systems in N MI. THe bilogical preserve is very cool. Actually passed a Subaru the last time I was riding through there. Funny shit.

If it works out, would it be possible to meet up with your group in Wellsville to check it out?

Very cool! I'm going to have to make it up there some day. I keep telling myself I'm going to hit the dunes and UP one of these days...

By all means! I'm heading there the afternoon of 25th and coming back the evening of the 27th. We're going to have bikes, quads, trucks, and even an oddyssy hahahha.