Trinity 2 into 1 Carb setup

bluev8s10blazer

im running a 2005 banshee with +4 timing, cpi pipes, 20cc dome cool head, stock carbs with dual filters and v-force reeds. im looking into doing the 2 into 1 carb for the simple fact of less maintanance. i plan on doing some port work but not right away. all of my riding is on the coast at the oregon sand dunes. im not much of a drag racer but i love hill climbs so the top end means alot to me. im wondering if this sounds like it is even worth it or would be a waste of my money

Your running the wrong setup to be a prime candidate for a 2 into 1 intake. It will rob your topend a bit, and its not a great match to cpi pies and vforce reeds. What type of port work are you shooting for?

port wise im looking for a little more mid to top end. like i said i dont drag race but i love the hill climbs. im just getting tired of the bike looking so dirty. those dual carbs take up alot of room and always seem to be leaking for some reason. between the carbs leaking and the sand sticking to it, it just looks like crap

port wise im looking for a little more mid to top end. like i said i dont drag race but i love the hill climbs. im just getting tired of the bike looking so dirty. those dual carbs take up alot of room and always seem to be leaking for some reason. between the carbs leaking and the sand sticking to it, it just looks like crap

Well, a 2 into 1 carb can leak too. Its all about having fresh gaskets, proper float height, and the vent lines long enough, and routed correctly.

i love my 2into1 real snappy and pulls hard all day i noticed more bottem but i still got it on top but to be honest with ya it reminds me of my suzuki rm250 imo and so far i can still smoke all of my 4stroke friends even my buddys honda 700xx wich really pissed him off. also my jetting was spot on the first try

i called trinity yesterday to get an opinion from them and they are still claiming a gain in the top end even with the setup that i have. Has anyone else ever dealt with them and are a pretty honest place to deal with. the guy never really even had a doubt in his mind, didnt know if he was just looking for a sale. also i cant seem to understand how you loose top end from a bigger single carb when it was only sucking air half the time before with a much smaller carb, so if i could get the logic behind that i think i will have my mind set.

I run a single 35 setup and love it for the hills and for playing. But i havent got it fine tuned yet and it falls on its face in 5th gear and has nothen in 6th. Snop reccomended some things too try and I will be trying out soon.

i called trinity yesterday to get an opinion from them and they are still claiming a gain in the top end even with the setup that i have. Has anyone else ever dealt with them and are a pretty honest place to deal with. the guy never really even had a doubt in his mind, didnt know if he was just looking for a sale. also i cant seem to understand how you loose top end from a bigger single carb when it was only sucking air half the time before with a much smaller carb, so if i could get the logic behind that i think i will have my mind set.

If there was any company that dealt with banshees in the entire world that I would stay away from and not listen to. It would be Trinity Racing. Single carb kits increase low end hp and torque slightly. The biggest thing they do is increase acceleration. The downfall to them is, loss top end rpm, hp, and torque. Most of the guys on here who run them, usually have mismatched pipes, reeds, and porting that really don't make the 2 into 1 intake shine. Yeah, it may be better than stock carbs. When I switched from the single carb to the twins, I picked up 4.75hp from the midrange to the top end, and I only lost about 1.2hp on the bottom. Thats with all my low-mid parts on the bike. You take a mid-top built bike, and it will cripple the topend even more, and narrow the powerband window. So, if you search the forum, you can find all the dyno testing threads on this, and the reviews I have done from actually riding the bike as well.

one thing i will admit is trinity are salesmen they will make a boost bottle sound like gold. but for some reason my bike really likes the setup but this is based over my stock carbs so theres a chance i would do better with twins thats what i am going to do this winter when i switch to cheetahs

• 1 month later...

one thing i will admit is trinity are salesmen they will make a boost bottle sound like gold. but for some reason my bike really likes the setup but this is based over my stock carbs so theres a chance i would do better with twins thats what i am going to do this winter when i switch to cheetahs

If I might add a comment...TRINITY SUCKS! I've had them lie to me thru 2 builds. (Told me a 400cc cheetah would make 115HP on gas. It sucked so bad I sent it back and they built me a 472cc 4 mill cheetah to make it up to me....I said dyno it before you send it...92HP?...Wow 72 more cc's and we go from a claimed 115HP down to 92! AND You couldn't keep an O-ring in the motor to save your life! I had to have another builder tear it down and fix all the miss matched parts. Now it runs great at 105 HP. Harry and James can kiss my tailpipe.)Anyway, back to the 2 into 1 debate... I have a best friend with a 2 into 1 setup, but I don't like the Trinity unit. My buddy has the GRAYDON 2 into 1 ( you can find them on ebay if you look) That Graydon is awesome! His bike has 350cc stock cylinders with a backyard builders stage 2 portwork, FMF Fatty pipes, stock cdi with a timming plate and his single 35PWK carb running a 50 pilot jet and a 178 main and he keeps up with another friend with a 421 cub that has just clean up portwork. Guys are going to tell you you need a bigger carb because your trying to feed a motor with just one. DON'T LISTEN! On a 2 carb set up the carb is pulsing. The carbs only flow fuel 1/2 the time. On a well sized 2 into 1 the carb flows non-stop. Picture NASCAR running at a super speedway....You want to see the carb wide open throttle and don't lift. You will be suprised how well a GOOD 2 into 1 can work. In the past others have tried a 2 into 1 with a 38-40 carb and it killed performance because you need the pulse strength thru the carb. I like the GRAYDON design so well I'm having a custom one made to fit the CR250 reed intakes for my Cheetah motor. If you have a stock style cylinder and get a GRAYDON intake, I'll promise you.. you will like it.>>> Trinity sucks! = Fact! >>> 2 into 1's can be awesome = My opinion. There's my 2-cents. Enjoy. I'm out...

If I might add a comment...TRINITY SUCKS! I've had them lie to me thru 2 builds. (Told me a 400cc cheetah would make 115HP on gas. It sucked so bad I sent it back and they built me a 472cc 4 mill cheetah to make it up to me....I said dyno it before you send it...92HP?...Wow 72 more cc's and we go from a claimed 115HP down to 92! AND You couldn't keep an O-ring in the motor to save your life! I had to have another builder tear it down and fix all the miss matched parts. Now it runs great at 105 HP. Harry and James can kiss my tailpipe.)Anyway, back to the 2 into 1 debate... I have a best friend with a 2 into 1 setup, but I don't like the Trinity unit. My buddy has the GRAYDON 2 into 1 ( you can find them on ebay if you look) That Graydon is awesome! His bike has 350cc stock cylinders with a backyard builders stage 2 portwork, FMF Fatty pipes, stock cdi with a timming plate and his single 35PWK carb running a 50 pilot jet and a 178 main and he keeps up with another friend with a 421 cub that has just clean up portwork. Guys are going to tell you you need a bigger carb because your trying to feed a motor with just one. DON'T LISTEN! On a 2 carb set up the carb is pulsing. The carbs only flow fuel 1/2 the time. On a well sized 2 into 1 the carb flows non-stop. Picture NASCAR running at a super speedway....You want to see the carb wide open throttle and don't lift. You will be suprised how well a GOOD 2 into 1 can work. In the past others have tried a 2 into 1 with a 38-40 carb and it killed performance because you need the pulse strength thru the carb. I like the GRAYDON design so well I'm having a custom one made to fit the CR250 reed intakes for my Cheetah motor. If you have a stock style cylinder and get a GRAYDON intake, I'll promise you.. you will like it.>>> Trinity sucks! = Fact! >>> 2 into 1's can be awesome = My opinion. There's my 2-cents. Enjoy. I'm out...

if your buddys cub is not outrunnin this single carbed 350 then he has some serious issues. im calling bs or someone doesnt know how to tune for shit