bike stuck at 3/4 throttle

my bike just wants to rev like crasy wierdly enough I still have throttle control I can giver and let it go and it comes back to that one point. The slides are both where they should be and the needles are in good shape aswell. the throttle cable is fine and i can hear the slides going up and down when I tap the throttle. I dont know what else it could be?

Air leak?

Ever do a leak down test?

What carbs are these?

Happen outa the blue, or for a long time?

i found the problem but it makes no sense to me. my left carb ( stock) the slide turns and gets stuck. I fixed that and now it seems like the throttle gets stuck at higher rpms. i have no throttle control and it just revs high however when thats happening I can adjust the turny knob on the thumb throttle and the throttle slowly comes down then I can drive for another 20seconds and then im stuck turning the knob in and out?

everything seems to be in good shape does it sound like I need a new throttle cable?

i found the problem but it makes no sense to me. my left carb ( stock) the slide turns and gets stuck. I fixed that and now it seems like the throttle gets stuck at higher rpms. i have no throttle control and it just revs high however when thats happening I can adjust the turny knob on the thumb throttle and the throttle slowly comes down then I can drive for another 20seconds and then im stuck turning the knob in and out?

everything seems to be in good shape does it sound like I need a new throttle cable?

Well i have my stockers laying around with a pretty new cable if you want them $55. shipped, could get them there to you in a day. Sounds like yours are messed up and the slides are hooped.

Edited by savage420

that sounds like the case to me as well but I dont have the cash for carbs and I figure if Im buying carbs I might as well pick up some 30mm okos that iv been talking about for what seems like forever. so I figure I will work the street corner this weekend and the next and whatever I come home with I will use towards some new 30mm carbs.

that sounds like the case to me as well but I dont have the cash for carbs and I figure if Im buying carbs I might as well pick up some 30mm okos that iv been talking about for what seems like forever. so I figure I will work the street corner this weekend and the next and whatever I come home with I will use towards some new 30mm carbs.

Yeah i run the 30's and love them. Great all around carbs for sure.

But im coming down to the coast for a week in 2 weeks so i could always bring this extra set and you can try them out if you want and see if it cleans up your problem.

Yeah i run the 30's and love them. Great all around carbs for sure.

But im coming down to the coast for a week in 2 weeks so i could always bring this extra set and you can try them out if you want and see if it cleans up your problem.

hell yea that would be prime! yea definetly let me know when your down are you bringing the bike or just vacationing?

hell yea that would be prime! yea definetly let me know when your down are you bringing the bike or just vacationing?

I wanna bring my bike but i wont have anywhere to put it at my grandmas apartment across from loughed mall....my truck wont fit under the underground secure parking and i would never leave my bike out in the back of my truck ANYWHERE down there lol

I will see how things go though....

Right at north road on the border of Coquitlam and Burnaby., 3 min walk too the sky train.

Leaving anything out for the cracked heads is a no go for me down there. :biggrin: