Compression test

Ok I have confirmed a huge compression jump. And to all who have told me that it is not possible to jump up compression alot just after a break in....well....my Banshee proves otherwise.

First at break in I did a compression test on my 'shee and it was pushing 185 lbs each cylinder. After break in I did another compression test and I started pushing 205 lbs of compression. I tried other comprresion guages such as Snap On and Accuguage and they both gave the same reading.

After riding throughout the summer so far, I did another compression test today and now I'm pushing 220 lbs of compression. I just checked it with a brand new Craftsman compression guage and confirmed it with a Snap On and Accuguage.

Now the question is this.....how the hell is this possible? How can it jump up 20 lbs of compression after a break in and 15 more after riding through the summer? :geek:

My engine mods are: 4mil crank, Aggressive trail port (wildcard), Trinity head with 19cc domes, 795 series pistions, VF3 reeds, 1/4 inch reed spacers, Pro-Circuit Pipes, Trinity Stage IV 2 in 1 carb (33mm PWK),

Oil residue left over inside the cylinders will cause it to read really high. Like an oil with alot of castor will leave a heavier film than say yamalube 2r. Had it happen to me. went from 185 on new to 215 a week later. pulled the head and noticed the oil film. Cleaned it and rechecked it and wala back to 185