Imperial Sand Dunes passes

dune passes just went up again this sucks

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) determines that the current permit fee is inadequate to fund the operating cost of the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area (ISDRA). Proposed is a fee increase from $25 to $40/week and $90/season to $140/season for permits purchased off-site. Onsite purchases would be $60/week and $180/season if purchased within the ISDRA.

What I dont understand is what are they actually operating? Theres nothing out there to be operated. The BLM doesnt even sell tickets out there. There are vendors that sell tickets, and you know they have to pay for a vendors spot. The only thing out there is some porta potties. I cant believe that one big weekend wouldn't cover the years cost for that.

I guess they have to pay for the 235983405 cops they have on the big weekends. Thats the only cost I could see. But I'm almost positive they issue more money worth of tickets then they actually get paid in one day!