Someone remind me what the ring end gap should be

Putting new pistons and rings in my 421. Forget the formula for ring end gap. Also, anyone open up the bottom ring more, or is that a 4 stroke thing?? I read briefly about that.

I run .012-.015 + or -

I run all the rings the same on Banshees.

Thanks Jeff! Man I feel bad that I didn't get these from you now :wallbash: I ordered them online at about 10:00 pm Monday (when I realized my compression was low), and paid next day air hoping to get them in 2 days...and I was afraid I wouldn't have time to call you or I would forget. Wish I would have...it took until today to get the damn things. I'm sure you have 'em right there on the shelf and I would've had them yesterday.

On an unrelated note; that cascade pancake bearing you sent seems to work on the spring-loaded 8 plate hinson clutch. I won't know for sure until I run it Saturday. :beer:

No worries , yep keep tons of them on the shelf. Hollar if you need anything.

Hey when you gonna let me have my way with your Artic Cat and Raptor to make em F.A.S.T. ?? lol

Putting new pistons and rings in my 421. Forget the formula for ring end gap. Also, anyone open up the bottom ring more, or is that a 4 stroke thing?? I read briefly about that.

I belive the ring gap formula goes like this. .003-.004 per inch of bore.......68mm bore converted to inches.....68/25.4=2.677.......so in inches your 68mm bore is 2.677"X.003-.004=0.010708 almost .011. Some one correct me if im wrong........................

I belive the ring gap formula goes like this. .003-.004 per inch of bore.......68mm bore converted to inches.....68/25.4=2.677.......so in inches your 68mm bore is 2.677"X.003-.004=0.010708 almost .011. Some one correct me if im wrong........................

That sounds correct. When I did mine, my range was from .010 to .013 I want to say I went with .012 IIRC