can you believe this

Puerto Rico has some VERY fast bikes. They did well in Gilbert.

They also use periods and capital letter when they type on forums, and in the pictures of ALL of their bikes they use air filters.

So...contrary to your typing, I can tell you this.

The fastest drag bikes in Puerto Rico do in fact use air filters.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFLMAO.... Dave... ur the man..
sorry about the writting,but topic is not about the airfilter.The topic is about my friends setup ,that he runs so much timing and compresion on pump gas and the bike has been runing like that for two years now with no problem at all.We run lots of crompresion and timing on regular gas with no problem at all. No detonation and the biggest main we use is 290 no matter what.

Great.

Every motor is different, as are it's need for fuel/air, timing, etc.

If you really wanted to impress us, tell me the UCCR, since it's compression ratio, NOT cranking or static compression that determines the need for higher octane.

More timing is the result of an improper combustion chamber/design/process....

If you're telling me a stock port, stock carb bike on T5s with 6.5 degrees of timing is beating a 4 mil bike, so be it.

That's a sorry running 4 mil, improperly setup, poor rider and/or a 350 lb rider.

I've seen a guy on a banshee get beat by a 400EX. Does that mean the 400EX is neccessarily faster? No...

The fact the guy couldn't ride the banshee for shit was the problem.

Have you timed the bike with an actual timing light? or are you just estimating the timing based on the plate?

Hey, if it's fast for you, great....that's all that's important. But each bike is different, as are it's needs.

after much research(ok-none)i found that puerto rican dirt contains no grit!!! but instead a magical honing dust that keeps unfiltered air from slowly grinding your finely tuned engine into a clattering piece of shit.if an engine will last that long like that imagine how long it would run properly maintained.

after much research(ok-none)i found that puerto rican dirt contains no grit!!! but instead a magical honing dust that keeps unfiltered air from slowly grinding your finely tuned engine into a clattering piece of shit.if an engine will last that long like that imagine how long it would run properly maintained.

:yelrotflmao:

These all look like they have air filters. You were there Jarid...you should know, but these were taken off PS website for the race.

This is Angel S. Estavez's bike, bike name SIQUIATRIA , built by D&M Out of AZ.

This picture was taken from Planet Sand, Gilbert Race 2009.

planetsanddscn0294april.jpg

Bike Number: 08

Owner Name: JOSE A. NIEVES SERRANO

Rider Name: JOERIEL A. NIEVES LUCIANO

Bike Name: BABY MASSA

Engine Builder Name: JAVIEL LUCIANO

planetsanddscn0291april.jpg

Bike Number: 83

Owner Name: PEDRO MARRERO

Rider Name: FERNANDO ROMERO

Bike Name: PAPITO'S TOY

Engine Builder Name: BETUN PERFORMANCE, D&M

Chassis Builder Name: HS CUSTOM

Sponsors: MARRERO AUTOPARTS

planetsanddscn0276april.jpg

friend who was there gilbert said angel and others rering there motors after every pass.friends of mine have low 3 second bikes and they all run filters .it's almost idiotic to not run a filter in any condition.

Honestly, I have nothing but MAD respect for team PR.

They spray the everliving piss out of those bikes and they run amazing numbers.

If you go to a top fuel event, they're tearing down motors between runs, these guys have the same mentality....make a pass, replace pistons, etc.

If they were running air filters or not...so be it. I just posted a few pics of their bikes direct from PS.

They put their bikes in a crate, shipped it to the race, dumped a TON of cash, and left what they didn't need.

A good friend of mine, Brad Adams and family pitted next to them. Great group of guys that worked their asses off...mad props to them.

I know guys I used to ride with on street bikes ran no filters. Never rode in construction, dirt roads, etc.

But I can't see the advantage of not running air filters of some type in any kind of sand, dirt, etc., especially with those kind of motors and that kind of cash....

Either way, whatever...I wouldn't be riding a trail bike through mud, dirt, etc. and make a big deal of it.

If they do....good for them....

Yes...

He is the retarded cousin nobody talks about, we keep locked in the cellar with a ball gag.

Just like Chunk in the Goonies.

When Firehead stops by...we tie a steak around Chunk's neck so Firehead can play with him.

I think he dresses him up as a pirate hooker, but I can't confirm that...and I'd bet Fire won't come clean on that anyways....

:biggrin:

Here's your sign :yelrotflmao: :

forum_5e080a29_homo.jpg

........and there is not any downside to running an air filter, so why would you not do it?

i have a friend who has a snowmobile with full drag port shaved heads and some other stuff. he has 44mm carbs bored out to 48's and running it lean as a son of a bitch and takes the filters off because there to restricting. but thats a snowmobile. i wouldnt do it on my quad. if i had an ashfalt dragger maybe but not a mudding banshee. and that setup seams like it would blow. check your information again