time for top end

hello, i did a comp test, it was 85 on the right and 83 on left. i wanna rebuild it... shes a 2004, the dude i bought it off said that it has never been redone... how do i know what size pistons to buy? how do i know if it needs to be bored out or honed? im guessing its my original crank aswell so i wonder if i should get a new crank too? the bike is running excellent now, ive been riding it 2- 3 hours a day for about 6 months straight now and havent had a problem.

The machinist guy (the one who will hone or bore) will tell you the correct info on about what bore or if only you will need a hone....about the crankshaft maybe you will need to check the rod play.....but since it is a 2004 i dont think so that your crankshaft is gone, also i will recommend a seal kit for the rebuild....

If the cylinders are not scarred or nicked up, leave it go. I would get a hone on them though to be safe.

Crank will be fine. If it hasn't been done before, most likely is stock bore.

Get a top end rebuild kit, I like Wiseco forged pistons... it will come with everything you need to build her back up

Edited by TeamRealtreeHD

If the cylinders are not scarred or nicked up, leave it go. I would get a hone on them though to be safe.

Crank will be fine. If it hasn't been done before, most likely is stock bore.

Get a top end rebuild kit, I like Wiseco forged pistons... it will come with everything you need to build her back up

everything but the seal kit!!!!!!! Highly recommend it.