421 cub on gas

I have a 421 cub at my house for tuning,it has 35mm PWK,190psi,+4 timing,shearer inframes.It had 170 mains,52 pilots when it got here.i rode it a couple of times and rejetted.Im down to a 162 main.50 pilot and the bike feels pretty good

My question is what is everyone running with a similar set-up,im at sea level and 70 degrees

the cub has a clean up port (stock)

Same carbs, around 1100 ft. elevation and hot riding temps. I'm at 155 main and 48 pilot right now but I think I need to go up a little on the main I've got a little bog at WOT in the upper gears. Haven't had much time to mess with it though but you sound close.

I have a 421 cub at my house for tuning,it has 35mm PWK,190psi,+4 timing,shearer inframes.It had 170 mains,52 pilots when it got here.i rode it a couple of times and rejetted.Im down to a 162 main.50 pilot and the bike feels pretty good

My question is what is everyone running with a similar set-up,im at sea level and 70 degrees

the cub has a clean up port (stock)

I'm running the same setup as you are sleeper and I run 158 main 50 pilot and a CGJ needle.I know its an odd ball needle,but the CEL would bogg at 3/4 throttle. My elavation is 2100 feet.

I had my 421 on gas with shearer BB inframes and was running 155s then checked it on an a/f meter and went to 148s 48 pilots and CEL needles. Made 11 more HP.

What gas are you using. I am trying to re jet myine for VP109 50/50 with 91 pump. I still don't have the right setup. I went down from a 168 to a 155 because it was bogging down unless I reved it up high before I shifted. I was getting hestiation for a couple of secs when i shifted to 4th then It would run loose. Any thoughts.