Only running on one cylinder

YTRY4

Hey Guys,

Hopefully someone can post some links too other threads about this topic because i couldn't find any.

Banshee is only running on one cylinder ATM, its hasn't been started in 3 months and i have just changed the spark plugs today.

Going to see if the left side has a spark now but is there anything else i should look for? any ideas?

Hey Guys,

Hopefully someone can post some links too other threads about this topic because i couldn't find any.

Banshee is only running on one cylinder ATM, its hasn't been started in 3 months and i have just changed the spark plugs today.

Going to see if the left side has a spark now but is there anything else i should look for? any ideas?

Have you tried switching the plug wires from one side to the other on the spark plugs? Worth a shot if the cyl that wasn't firing fires up when you switch, could be a coil or wire going bad.

Have you checked all your grounds?

Whats your compression on both cyls if you've checked?

Post up what youve tried already so its easier to rule stuff out.

:thumbsup:

Ok i tried what you said savage, used the other plug onto the other spark plugs and its still the same. Only somke from the right side :ermm:

So it must have a spark but the over cylinder is not kicking over :(

I can feel air coming out the exhaust thats not smoking?

Make sure the caps are screwed on tight. The little tip on the plugs are on tight. Check for spark. Put the plug on the engine and have someone kick it over. If not, check all ground as said. You might of even unplugged the orange or black wire on the coil. It's right near the engine head. I've done that before. Nevermind if one is firing both are. Sry.

If it's getting spark, then check the fuel lines. Make sure they are somewhat level so that both carbs are getting fuel. If the "T" in the line isnt level, one carb might not be getting fuel. Easy to see if you have clear lines.

You need air, fuel, spark and compression. Something is missing.

Edited by RagunCajun

Ok its all good now :biggrin:

Thanks for all the help guys I can always rellie on BansheeHQ!

I put the plugs back to the normal spots then checked the fuel tank and lines, i had only put in around 2L just to start it and thought I might fill it to dilute any crap that might be in the tank from sitting around for ages.

Kept kick in over a couple of times then they both fired up :) left it running for a while and restarted with both firing again!

Just about to head out to the dunes now, Thanks again!