case porting

I'm interest to port my crank case and I'm looking for the best place to do it. Some builder just port the upper case, I heard that some other add epoxy and port both casing.

Can someone can explain me what they port on the lower part of the case and the best place to do it. I can find a local shop near montreal, Canada but I'm affraid that someone in the USA can do a better job.

thanks

As far as I know that you just cut your top case to match up with your cylinders so that your large ports aren't restricted by the cases.

For the bottom case I must assume you are talking about trenching the case. That is just for a large stroked motor.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm interest to port my crank case and I'm looking for the best place to do it. Some builder just port the upper case, I heard that some other add epoxy and port both casing.

Can someone can explain me what they port on the lower part of the case and the best place to do it. I can find a local shop near montreal, Canada but I'm affraid that someone in the USA can do a better job.

thanks

I highly suggest Jeff at Fast. If you have any questions about case porting he can help you. After sale great customer service included!

Actually, what he's talking about is called stuffing the cases.

You add material to the bottom half, epoxy, etc., and what this does is decrease crankcase volume AND more effectively gets the fuel/air charge into the cylinder via the transferrs.

Some have great luck with it, some gamble and lose... It works when done right.

Are you running a aftermarket cylinder or stock? If they are stock are they ported? We do our case matching on a cnc but only matching to CP cylinders. Stock stuff would be a case by case basis. I dont like epoxy if i can keep from it. It can come loose and get in the motor and trash it.

Are you running a aftermarket cylinder or stock? If they are stock are they ported? We do our case matching on a cnc but only matching to CP cylinders. Stock stuff would be a case by case basis. I dont like epoxy if i can keep from it. It can come loose and get in the motor and trash it.

I have some non ported RZ350 cylinder with the powe valve. I need to change my crank due to a failed bearing and I want to squeeze every possible HP.

The cylinder will be port in a month or two, is it better to port the cyclinder and the case by the same engine builder ? My plan was to send the case to Jeff @ F.A.S.T. for their full case porting and the cylinder to Jim @ Passion Racing for the 12 port design.

thanks

You say(is it better to port the cyclinder and the case by the same engine builder) then you say( My plan was to send the case to Jeff @ F.A.S.T. for their full case porting and the cylinder to Jim @ Passion Racing for the 12 port design.) there not the same people what do you mean by that?

First my intent was to send the case to F.A.S.T. and buy some stuff for my clutch and tranny. Then I decide (in one month or two) to port my rz cylinder by passion racing: they do good porting with the rz barrel.

I want to wait to install my rz barrel because I don't have received my zeeltronic CDI and power valve controller. For now I will use my old an already port banshee cylinder.

Do you think it will be better to wait for my case porting and to ship the cylinder and the case together to Passion Racing or port the case right away with F.A.S.T.

Edited by Thewhite

Send it all to Jeff at F.A.S.T. He will do what you need done, with top notch work, craftsmanship and service before and after :thumbsup:

Give him a call and he will hook you up. 1 (785) 364-5325

Send it all to Jeff at F.A.S.T. He will do what you need done, with top notch work, craftsmanship and service before and after :thumbsup:

Give him a call and he will hook you up. 1 (785) 364-5325

YES call Jeff

He did the port work to my cases ...

~DaVe