PC'ing Frame w/Steering Stem Bearing

I got new seals for the steering stem can i just rip those out and leave the nut and bearing in the frame and just have my pc guy tape the area so no pc gets in it and get it powdercoated with it in there? maybe just add more bearing grease after? That lock nut for the bearing is about to piss me off i can't find anything to get it out and i'm not getting a hammer and chisel.

Just get a big ass nut like as said before and weld a bolt to it and take it off that way...Easy Cheesy Lemon-Peezy!!! Otherwise taping should be ok, yeah just pop those seals out with a screw driving? Im confused are you powder coating your frame again?

Yeah well i can't find a nut and a bolt anywhere everbody wants to sell it in bulk are don't carry anything that big.

I'm building something else :ninja:

Yeah just have him tape it off, then put some grease down in there itll be just fine, thats what I did.

Thanks that's all i wanted to know. I was hoping someone out there already has done this and didn't have any problems.

Thanks

knock the stem bearing keeper out with a hammer and chisel. i will give you another one. pay shipping.if they cook it , it may never come out. the heat will smoke the bearing.

Yeah dude I would try to get it out of there... Your powder coater may not like being smoked out of his shop from burning and dripping grease. LOL I don't... :cool:

The way I get them out if you are cheap or don't have a welder, is go to Harbor freight or home depot and get a set of those plumbers sockets (name?). One of them fits kind of loose but usually gets them out and if it's being a bitch, hit the outer frame around the nut with a torch or heat gun and it should come out, just try not to heat the nut up too much. The nut should be cooler than the frame area.