Jetting

I know these jetting posts are a dime a dozen, but Im wondering if im jetted good. Im still getting a 3/4 throttle bog right before powerband. My plugs seem pretty dark, maybe i should step down a size.

Heres my setup:

2006 Shee

CPI Inframes

K&N pods, no airbox

+4 Timing

Stock Carbs

310 Mains

Needle, one clip up from stock (up is leaner)

Stock Pilot

I ride mostly all Little Sahara: 5200 Feet Above Sea Level.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

that oil might be washing the color off on the plug chop. all you'll see is a ghost ring, so you'll have to go off feel/sound to jet it right.

i'm kind of thinkin outside the bun on this one, but throw a sock over each pod, and see if it runs a little better on the mains

Come down on the main jets. My guess would be 280 or 290 for that elavation. Just come down one size at a time and check your plugs as you go.

At higher elevations you have to change the needle. tell me whats in it and I may be able to give you a recommendation

At higher elevations you have to change the needle. tell me whats in it and I may be able to give you a recommendation

No need to change out the stock needle on the stock carbs. Just start simple and jet down the mains. We run stock needles and pilots out there all the time. Air screws have to be turned in sometimes.

Why people ignore the needle is beyond me. Dropping it is sometimes OK if the elevation isn't too much, but for 3000 and above the needle has to be changed out with one that has a larger diameter so that the flow area between it and its jet is reduced (making it "leaner") so that its not too rich for the first half throttle.

Look at http://www.sudco.com/vol33/56-59.pdf to see the many varieties of needles for Mikuni.

Not saying don't change it like that is law. Just really no need to. If the bike does not stumble or sputter on itself why waste the cash? A main jet change or two and a tweak of the air screw and I bet it runs without a hiccup. I have more than enough time on street and dirt application carbs to be confident in this answer.

I meant air screws out on the last answer. 2 to 3 should do it.