leak down test

I did the leak down test and it held pressure for 6 minutes using the 6 PSI for 6 minutes but after the 6 minutes it dropped to 5 PSI, is this okay or should i try and find the leak...the drop could have also been the pressure release valve on the gage so it may not have been the engine at all, should i be worried or leave it all alone?

OK... because I was reading in the leak down test post that I found it was in the sticky posts and in there they were saying like losing 1 psi per minute was tolerable and 2 psi in the whole 6 minutes and your fine so I think ill just leave it, thanks guys

Edited by 278

Sounds like a good leak down to me. What are you still doing inside? Go ride the snot out of that pig! Hahaha

haha I want to but still got some work to do on the chassis, havn't been in a big hurry cuz i been really busy lately

Whoa Dave.....1 psi per minute??? So if it leaks down to <1 psi(at a rate <1 psi/min) in 6 minutes that's ok?? I've had motors hold 6 psi for 6 mins, and some that hold 3 to 4 psi. The latter have a leak that needs to be fixed, just haven't done it yet. Not afraid to run those leaky motors, just not sure they're 100%. Haven't read the leak down sticky in a while, but you can get an engine to hold pressure better than that.