First Banshee

I come from the Chicago Land area and do most of my riding in Hurley Wisconsin. For the most part I ride mud. However, I will soon be on my way to college (University of Southern California). I'm pretty sure there isn't any mud there, so I'm going to need a bike for dune and dessert riding. I am a big Yamaha fan, I own a Grizzly and used to have a yfz-450, so a banshee was the natural choice for me. I will be doing alot of riding in Glamis, but would also like to do some dirt and other types of riding. I have about 5000 and have already bought a 2006 banshee. What am I going to need to build a bike for both dunes and dirt?

I come from the Chicago Land area and do most of my riding in Hurley Wisconsin. For the most part I ride mud. However, I will soon be on my way to college (University of Southern California). I'm pretty sure there isn't any mud there, so I'm going to need a bike for dune and dessert riding. I am a big Yamaha fan, I own a Grizzly and used to have a yfz-450, so a banshee was the natural choice for me. I will be doing alot of riding in Glamis, but would also like to do some dirt and other types of riding. I have about 5000 and have already bought a 2006 banshee. What am I going to need to build a bike for both dunes and dirt?

My advice to you is, get some Elka shocks or yfz450 shocks, get a enlarged swing-arm, get dune tires and dune tires that you could switch to, get some pipes maybe and that pretty much it. If you are going to be doing major drag races, then you get a dune port job done, get some aftermarket carbs and some other shit. If you are going to ride it normal then you dont need many stuff done to it exept for what i suggested above.