Reading Anthracite Notice

Meat

Well Kodiak450, we gots plenty O' mud. Its has rained here everyday for the past 3 weeks. Thunderstorms and steady rains, its a soupy mess everywhere. Right now there's flash flood warnings issued for the area. The areas that I ride are terrible because of the mud and water. Every trail is dotted with big deep mud puddles. Coal-Hill has big drainage ditches carved arll ove the hills. The last two times I was riding, I got completely soaked. You can't open up the throttle because your slamming on the brakes to avoid the all the water. Its a big mess. Great for the 4x4's, terrible for the sport quads who wanna zip around the trails. I haven't' been out riding since May 28th, it was a big muddy mess then. My buddy has been out twice in June and both times he told me I didn't miss any fun. I'm waiting till the sun comes out and things start to dry up. I'm going out in my Jeep instead, I'll get some pictures of the muddy trails. Make sure ya bring an extra set of dry clothes, socks, gloves. Make sure you have your roll-off cans filled or a fresh pack of tear-offs on your goggles. Im so pissed at all this rain, it gets depressing.

Where is this soupy mess? See I have only been up there twice, the first time after getting my permit, it had heavy down pours, more like torrential rains. Though some areas had standing water, most of the trails which looked like they were made up or hard pack sand, were rock hard. Of off Burma rd were we rode, there was a coal hill area that had mud, and ir also retains water making for some fun bogging. But all those powerlines have this hard pack that absorbs water well, and had some areas that had puddels. We met some guy back there last time who was riding his jeep I wonder if that was you? I think he sais his name was Clint or something.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this soupy mess? See I have only been up there twice, the first time after getting my permit, it had heavy down pours, more like torrential rains. Though some areas had standing water, most of the trails which looked like they were made up or hard pack sand, were rock hard. Of off Burma rd were we rode, there was a coal hill area that had mud, and ir also retains water making for some fun bogging. But all those powerlines have this hard pack that absorbs water well, and had some areas that had puddels. We met some guy back there last time who was riding his jeep I wonder if that was you? I think he sais his name was Clint or something.

Google "trevorton". We're in Pennsylvania

anyone have a picture of these permits ill make a fake one
And these are the reasons atv riders are looked down on and pushed out of everywhere. Come on dude bite the bullet and put out the money you cant say that 1 days pay aint worth a years worth of fun most guys spend more then this a week on beer or weed.