cleaning plastic/installing graphics

kawa110

I got my skin ind graphics, im going to remove old ones, thats not a problem. Im curious to know what i should clean/wax/or polish my plastics. what is the best way to make the plastics look "new" without using armor-all? After i get the plastics nice and new and shiny im going to install the graphics. I have to make sure i dont use any compounds where the new graphics go or the may not adhere.

Correct. You can not use anything that will leave a film or barrier between the vinyl and the plastic. Things like Armor All and cleaners with orange additives, will all leave a little bit of a film on the plastics. The reason being, those products are meant to clean and then protect from further damage.

The easiest way to apply vinyl to anything, is to use Windex.

After the vinyls are adhered for a day or two. Then you can put a coat of Armor All on it if you want. I personally use Mothers final detailing liquid. It works awesome. And does not leave a sticky film. Very nice clean smooth feeling when you run your hand along it afterwards.

Good luck!

Ya the new gaphics wont cover the majority of rear plastics and just a little on front nose. I dont like armor all after one little putt-putt around the yard the bike looks filthy with armor all. I just needed to know wht i could do to the plastics like some kinda of plastic re-new or if anyone had experience with any products similiar to it. Ya i was gunna use windex so i could slide em around into place. I got the skin industies freeride. Im jsut waiting tell i get a better staple gun for the seat cover. Also should i leave old seatcover on and put new one over or take it off and store away. I have a 1978 yz250 all the people who see it thinks is cool that it has original seat cover.

• 1 month later...

installed the graphics today. way easier then i thought it would be. Just cleaned plastics with rubbing alcahole then i used spray bottle with soapy water and applied.

Tip----when removing sticker from its wax paper dont grab corners with fingers.