such a tiny problem?

hey guys, im sorry this is non-banshee related, but weve got a really annoying problem here. if anyone could please help me out here :(

my friend who has alot of mechanic experience has a suzuki lt-80 (that runs fine), and 2 days back he bought a non working lt80 for cheap.

he checked it up, and found out that it was in mint shape, cylinder had good compression etc, the only problem is he is not getting spark.

and also.. everytime he trys to start it.. its not from the main push to start switch.. but im not sure hes got something near the battery and jumper cables from a pickup truck to the quad and he puts like some wierd thing in some place and that makes it try to start ( that starting sound) but we looked at the coil and no spark coming at all..but the electric start is trying to work.. although like i said its not from the push to start button but from some weird mechanish i have no clue about (im no mechanic). because the push to start button does nothing when we push it.

so what he did was, he took part by part. from the working lt80 and put in the non running one, he replaced the CDI box, and the wiring, and nothing... he then changed the flywheel and stator... and still nothing.. he almost replaced everything to do with electrical.. and still nothing.. he ran out of ideas.. what could be wrong?

bad gas???????

the whole problem was not having spark. you do not need gas for spark.

and yeah we fixed it, oh and ohio, yeah we had the hand brake pulled, but the problem turned out to be that the CABLES from the hand brake were melted or something.. so when we put the hand brake it was AS if we did not because the wires to tell it to give spark were melted. its fixed now and all good.

Edited by blaster2006