my project 68 chevy

Darthwall

this is my first truck I bought with 53,000 miles on it sweet ride its been along prosses building the machine but has been a blast for me losts of cash but its all worth it. Curently awaiting the bed to be finished red oak with the stainless stripes on top of that air bags all around the truck. Motor is a 327 custom built by me with 010 block 307 LG steal crank factory mains and rods bored .060 over pink rods 11.1 compression 461 corvett heads ported and polished tourquer intake HD .600 comp cams springs comp cams 284 high energy cam 3000 RPM stall 3.73 gears straight cut gear drive 140 GPH electric pump 750 Double Pumper stage 3 shift kit 53,000 volt coil bilit distributer custom buckets. Soon to come relocated gas tank full air bags and 12 gallon tank 2 compessors 10 swiches 8 1/2 inch valves full custon interior and im sure there is tons more to come img6421w.jpg

img6408r.jpg

and as you can see it hasnt been washed in like a year being around all these farmers blows I wash it they spray it shity life lol

Edited by Darthwall

Bad ass man sounds like it will roll out. I have been looking into doing a 67-72 blazer or jimmy. I will get some shit for this prolly but I am thinking I want it be two wheel drive. I curently have a 6.0 that would be sick to drop in with a sts turbo or some twins depending on what I can find. Post up some motor picks. Are you doing anything with the drivetrain?

• 2 months later...
Bad ass man sounds like it will roll out. I have been looking into doing a 67-72 blazer or jimmy. I will get some shit for this prolly but I am thinking I want it be two wheel drive. I curently have a 6.0 that would be sick to drop in with a sts turbo or some twins depending on what I can find. Post up some motor picks. Are you doing anything with the drivetrain?

ya this thing is far from being done a cheap way to do a 2wd blazer would be find and old blazer that looks decent and put the body on a 2wd frame I thought of doing the opposit acouple years ago so my truck would be good in the snow but since it has only gotten like 5 miles on it in the past 6 years no point in doing it. but the frame and body will mount up with no problems vins wont match but if its a pleasure ride who gives a shit right? ans the 6.0 with twins would be sick as fuck but these trucks are pretty light in the rear so that thing would be a mofo to keep in a straigt line freeway driveing would be alot of fun but put some weight in the back before I had this truck the guy I got it from had a 525 horse 355 roller motor in it and at 65 on the freeway it would but it sideways when shifting down to pass talk about getting that addrenalin pumpin lol. but as far as drivetrain I and putting a posi in the rear along with 4:11,s that should get it off the line a lil better I dont want to go too extreem on the gears so I can still drive it on the freeway to get to shows and cruises I will get some motor pics up soon

• 1 month later...

Cool project! I have had three of those body style trucks. Currently I have a 69 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 396. I was going to make it a mud truck but I think I will keep it pretty moderate and throw some 35s on it at some point. Right now its just a fish/hunt/drink beer truck. My very first truck was a 72Blazer 4x4. Actually the 396 that is in my current truck was in my blazer. I had it monsterd out with 39.5 swampers on it. Due to the short wheel base, I could run over a 1 ton round bale. I have seen a few lowerd out 2x4 72 blazers and they were pretty neat also. If you lower one out, you should tub it and make it a sweet as hotrod. Keep us updated with your progress, air bags would be sweet.