oko carbs

jse28

You need a new cable, and if you do get these 28's or 30's you'll be around 150-160 range mains and 45-55 pilots just a close guess!

I'll probably get the 28s. I actually meant would I need a new cable if I already had one from FAST made with TORS removed. From what I've read up on, that one will work.

I was suggested somewhere around the same range as far as jetting goes. I am about 500 ft above sea level, have a FAST cool head, +4 timing, FMF Fattys with Powercore 2s, and some kind portwork that the guy who sold it to me didn't know. It's definitely not stock though.

Sorry, I know this is the PRoduct Reviews section. I appreciate everyone's input though!

I'll probably get the 28s. I actually meant would I need a new cable if I already had one from FAST made with TORS removed. From what I've read up on, that one will work.

I was suggested somewhere around the same range as far as jetting goes. I am about 500 ft above sea level, have a FAST cool head, +4 timing, FMF Fattys with Powercore 2s, and some kind portwork that the guy who sold it to me didn't know. It's definitely not stock though.

Sorry, I know this is the PRoduct Reviews section. I appreciate everyone's input though!

I couldn't tell you for sure on the cable.

What has anyone found out here? I emailed Carb Parts Warehouse the other day, but I haven't heard anything yet. I think I am going to call them tomorrow. I've resisted bigger carbs up to this point, but I'm getting a set of CPI's in a couple days, so I figured I should consider stepping up. These seem like a very economical way to test out bigger carbs without breaking the bank. I'm interested to hear anyone's experiences. Thanks - Brian

This may be a stupid question but I was thinking of getting some of these oko's in 30mm I was wondering how do you set up the choke with these? Do you have to pull each choke seprately?

From what i've found, just using a regular cable with tors removed will work. I recently replaced mine with a new one from FAST. I just ordered my 28mm ones from the guy selling them via Taiwan on eBay. you DO get better prices going through him directly though. scooter_wolfpack@hotmail.com is his email address. you can also hit him up on MSN.

Now I'd probably recommend waiting til I get mine to order, but I paid $60 each for the carbs, and only $6 for a pack of 10 jets. (Just remember to get 2 packs...i forgot on my initial order). Pilots through him are $4 a piece.

I paid $30 for express shipping, which means that even from Taiwan, I'll get it by either Friday or Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and will let everyone know.

From what i've found, just using a regular cable with tors removed will work. I recently replaced mine with a new one from FAST. I just ordered my 28mm ones from the guy selling them via Taiwan on eBay. you DO get better prices going through him directly though. scooter_wolfpack@hotmail.com is his email address. you can also hit him up on MSN.

Now I'd probably recommend waiting til I get mine to order, but I paid $60 each for the carbs, and only $6 for a pack of 10 jets. (Just remember to get 2 packs...i forgot on my initial order). Pilots through him are $4 a piece.

I paid $30 for express shipping, which means that even from Taiwan, I'll get it by either Friday or Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and will let everyone know.

right on your going to be our crash test dummy. :biggrin:

This may be a stupid question but I was thinking of getting some of these oko's in 30mm I was wondering how do you set up the choke with these? Do you have to pull each choke seprately?

I know on my Keihin's, it depends on the temp. Sometimes I get away with pulling one. Other times I have to pull both. They are not fat finger friendly.

Did you custom order your jet pack with different size mains? From what I saw, his pre-arranged packs on eBay (saw wolfpack's listings) didn't come with the main sizes that people seem to usually end up in on the OKO/PWK's?

I think I'm going to call CPW today to see if they have any stateside already? I'm already TORS-less, so that cable should work fine. So you were $150 then for the carbs and express shipping, which looks tobe less than a week? That isn't bad at all. I'll probably source the jets somewhere else, unless he did a custom arrangement for you in the right range? If I remember right, the packs I saw topped out right about where most people recommended you start. BUT, I'm def not a PWK guy at this point, no very little at the most about them.

Did you custom order your jet pack with different size mains? From what I saw, his pre-arranged packs on eBay (saw wolfpack's listings) didn't come with the main sizes that people seem to usually end up in on the OKO/PWK's?

I think I'm going to call CPW today to see if they have any stateside already? I'm already TORS-less, so that cable should work fine. So you were $150 then for the carbs and express shipping, which looks tobe less than a week? That isn't bad at all. I'll probably source the jets somewhere else, unless he did a custom arrangement for you in the right range? If I remember right, the packs I saw topped out right about where most people recommended you start. BUT, I'm def not a PWK guy at this point, no very little at the most about them.

i bought the premade MAIN packages. If i have to get those jets locally, that's not a big deal. I wasn't able to get to CPW's website (I think because of my IE8 upgrade) so i didn't even look at theirs. I think they were a bit higher on eBay though, even after the $30 shipping.

If these are anywhere close to the PWKs that i drove on Saturday (on Dallas G Dub's shee), I think I'll be more than happy.