Hi Capacity Fuel Tank - IMS or Whatever

vdubn

So, I am running Methanol in a dune bike, so I need a tank with more capacity.

My bike is almost totally black, so prefer that color since its difficult to hide any of the others.

Prefer a 4.6 Gallon to the largest tank... 5.something, so I don't have to modify my tank plastics.

Show me whatcha got!

thats correct. the 5.6 requires cuting the fenders. the 4 gall you just dont use your tank cover. ive had both and the 5.6 in my opinion is very combersome. the 4 gallon keeps close to the original design, and is still comfortable to ride with.

thats correct. the 5.6 requires cuting the fenders. the 4 gall you just dont use your tank cover. ive had both and the 5.6 in my opinion is very combersome. the 4 gallon keeps close to the original design, and is still comfortable to ride with.

Well, that stinks.... I just bought some spendy Laker Plastics, and no way I want to cut them up for a tank.... shoot. Since the laker front plastics are all one piece (grill, racecut fenders, and tank cover), it sounds like there is no way to use an oversized tank without cutting these plastics. Do I understand that correctly?

ya, im not familar with laker plastics but with the stock ones you have to ditch the stock gas tank cover. so i would assume thatt you would have to cut them to make it fit.

you should be able to see what im talking about in this pic. thats a black 4.0 gall ims tank

downsized_0905082158.jpg

the stock is like 3.1 or 3.2 somethin like that. as far as i know the next step up is the 4 gallon tank. you cold get one of those huge 6 pac racks that hold a 1 gallon fuel can. but those look a little gay. ive seen little reserve tanks for dirt bikes that mount on the rear fender or some even attatch to the front handel bars. the problem is that theres just no room under the stock plastics to increase the size. the 4 gallon goes out width wise and a little higher. it wraps around the radiator cover too, this is where you gain the extra gallon.