Amsoil Dominator pre-mix

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Amsoil Interceptor and love it, plus im a dealer so a gallon is only $28.00!!!!....I was told its better for a Banshee than the Dominator.

the intercepter is more aimed for snowmobiles w/power valves. the dominator is going to be the better route for a shee.....IMO.

i run amsoil dominator in my modded shee @ 50:1 and love the stuff. i'm not switching to anything else.

In my drag bike I have ran both,I became a dealer with amsoil and get good prices that way,now I deal with jeff at FAST alot so he orders me supertechniplate,I really like how the motor looks when it comes apart with the techniplate thats what counts to me.I dont know if its becuase I ran it for so long but I have seen many cranks take the fall with amsoil.

In my drag bike I have ran both,I became a dealer with amsoil and get good prices that way,now I deal with jeff at FAST alot so he orders me supertechniplate,I really like how the motor looks when it comes apart with the techniplate thats what counts to me.I dont know if its becuase I ran it for so long but I have seen many cranks take the fall with amsoil.

please don't blame a mechanical failure on a oil. no oil, no matter if its wal-marts cheapo oil, isn't going to make a crank just fail. there was a mechanical failure, due to something, else. it wasn't the oil. certain oils will just provide better wear protection, or burn cleaner, etc.

oh yeah, i love the smell of the dominator......kinda smells like race gas or something. my engine looks awesome when i tear it down for porting, or whatever. the engines i seen come apart, that ran nothing but klotz (or "klogz") were horrible looking. dirty, milky, and carboned up in the exhaust port. i'll never run that stuff. it does smell good tho.

it wasn't the oil. certain oils will just provide better wear protection,

I'm trying to figure out how you can say don't blame the oil, but in the next sentence, you say certain oils provide better wear protection...

Isn't failure ultimately wear, either over time or premature?

i meant it more towards the guys that have a running shee, w/for example klotz, and then they throw in a tank of amsoil....cause that's all they have at the time and then the motor goes. don't go blaming the amsoil on a that major engine failure, that just all of a sudden happens, when you switch oils for a tank or so. it wasn't from that. the part failed, cause it was a freak thing, and/or it was wore out and or jetting was off for a while, or you had particles/debris down it there, from a previous blow up, that weren't properly cleaned from the engine. when i say some oils provide better oil protection, i mean your engine will get more hrs on it and have less wear on parts during a top end rebuild to freshen up things w/good snythetic oils, versus a cheap wal-mart oil, in which parts would possibly end up measuring w/more wear. understand?? sorry if i'm confussing.

Edited by mopar1rules

Nope...I understand now Mopar...I was just confused by how you wrote it...:)

I've never been an Amsoil fan, never had luck with it. However, I love my Dodge truck, always hated them before I owned one...and I'm sure there are plenty with horror stories about them, and just about every car/truck known to man.

Same could be said about oils....

ive torn alot of 2 strokes down and seen too much greenish unburnt sludge inside engines cases and transfers from guys running amsoil to consider it a good option .I guess it might be good oil products for trucks but i think the flash point is too high and the stuff wont burn off at lower rpms ,and it seems if a guy runs his jetting richer ,its even worse.Ill stic k to klotz technaplate where i can be assured of the castor protection at high rpm and clean burn of a synthetic.this has been my experiance yours may differ

Edited by flotek

Nope...I understand now Mopar...I was just confused by how you wrote it...:)

I've never been an Amsoil fan, never had luck with it. However, I love my Dodge truck, always hated them before I owned one...and I'm sure there are plenty with horror stories about them, and just about every car/truck known to man.

Same could be said about oils....

sometimes i can sound confusing in my words....LOL. hard for me to explain what i'm thinking upstairs sometimes. just curious, what were your bad experiences w/amsoil? yep, same w/vehicles, i guess we each have luck w/another brand.