If i jump a tooth or 2 will my chain tighten?

Stupid question and i could find out by doing it but the bike isn't in my garage...It's my father in laws.Anyways i put a +4 swinger on and he bought a chain for it but it's got alot of slack when the carrier is all the way back and we took a link out and it's just way to tight even when i move the carrier forward.Question is,He's running 14 41 i think for gearing right now (89),if i throw on a 42 or 43 in the rear will it make a big enough difference to tighten the slack out of it?

When u wrote ur post u said. When the carrier is all the way forward it is to tight with the shortened chain. But then your talking about throwing in bigger sprockets. Im asumming you are either going to put the chain together back to the way you got it or you should go down a size in sprockets. On the chain after you shortened it.

Edited by banshee_terror_

When u wrote ur post u said. When the carrier is all the way forward it is to tight with the shortened chain. But then your talking about throwing in bigger sprockets. Im asumming you are either going to put the chain together back to the way you got it or you should go down a size in sprockets. On the chain after you shortened it.

yea my bad.i meant I need to toss in bigger sprockets to tighten the slack up because the carrier is already as far back as it can go