Melted Piston - Help

Hello All,

I need your help and advice. The right side piston has melted during a ride and cylinder badly scratched. Where to from here, do I re bore the cylinders and install new over sized pistons or go with a bolt on BBK?

Look forward to your replies.

From,

Crazy

Hello All,

I need your help and advice. The right side piston has melted during a ride and cylinder badly scratched. Where to from here, do I re bore the cylinders and install new over sized pistons or go with a bolt on BBK?

Look forward to your replies.

From,

Crazy

In my honest opinion......have you stock cylinders bored and new pistons.

If you want a lil more power send them off and have them ported.

Kevin @ HJR is a great guy to deal with,last i knew he was offering boring both cyls and new weisco prolites with top end gasket kit for 295.00.

Then for another 395.00 you can get the jugs ported and head milled and re-chambered and make some serious power.

The big bore monoblock cyls are great for drag racing,but for trails or mx or just plain woods riding its all the wrong power in all the wrong places.

Dan

Big Bore kits for OEM cylinders are tough to make run...

You're better off with a good solid port job then worry about aftermarket cylinders, etc.

First things first. What is your budget? What parts do you already have? Where do you plan on riding it?