new setup, cpi's and 28's mikunis with 4mill

extreem9

So I have a 4mill with 170 psi and I only run it at the dunes in oregon (sea level), I had a 2 into 1 cascade setup with t-5's but I am going to go with the 28mm mikuni flatslides and cpis. What jets and needle position do you all think I should put in her?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dan, I will put those in today! And I did do some searching but I didnt come up with much so I figured I would just ask the question, 90 percent of the time I use the search and get the answers I want. Just wanted to be sure for my set up. Thanks again guys. :biggrin:

Edited by extreem9

Ok, he gave you jet specs for a set of keihin carbs. They dont make cel needles for Mikuni TM 28's.

This is the main problem with some of the info on here. People sometimes dont pay attention and provide the wrong info. Others dont want to look for it.

Here is the search I did using "Mikuni Main" as the search words.

Mikuni Main search

Here is the thread listed 9th one down from the top.

Thread link

This thread was still on the 1st page in the jetting section. If you looked, you should have found it.

Ok, he gave you jet specs for a set of keihin carbs. They dont make cel needles for Mikuni TM 28's.

This is the main problem with some of the info on here. People sometimes dont pay attention and provide the wrong info. Others dont want to look for it.

Here is the search I did using "Mikuni Main" as the search words.

Mikuni Main search

Here is the thread listed 9th one down from the top.

Thread link

This thread was still on the 1st page in the jetting section. If you looked, you should have found it.

Yeah I read that one, but no one that posted said they had a 4mill and cpi's. So I just disregarded it and kept looking. I may Just try your setup and then just tune from there. Maybe a little bigger on the main though. You or any of your riding buddies dont have a set of 21cc or 22cc domes for a cool head do ya? I want to bring down the compression of my wifes banshee a little, she doesnt use the power so no need to run 110 in it besides keeping it cooler.

Its the same specs for cpi pipes as a starting point. You may end up going up one size on the main is about it. Dan Wade from Patriot Racing and Dave Roberts from ILR performance are in Bonney Lake. Either one will be able to cut new domes, Dan wil have cust stroker domes in stock. Dave will have uncut domes in stock usually.

Its the same specs for cpi pipes as a starting point. You may end up going up one size on the main is about it. Dan Wade from Patriot Racing and Dave Roberts from ILR performance are in Bonney Lake. Either one will be able to cut new domes, Dan wil have cust stroker domes in stock. Dave will have uncut domes in stock usually.

Right on! Thanks for the info, I will give them a call and maybe I can have a new local place to get parts! Are they in the phone book, or is there number somewhere here in the forum.

So I read one of your posts about what you have in your carbs. The 175 (p4) nozzles (needle jets) do you have to run round mains or do you use the hex jets? I have the 169 needle jets in there right now. I am going to call one of these two places this weekend but I figured i would ask you first since you seem to know your sh*t about these carbs.

Im just curious why you got rid of the 2-1 intake set up. Some people swear by them.

And i have your set up but i have 30 okos. I'm starting with 52 pilots, 102 mains and clip position in the middle. I dont know if that helps. That should put me richer than perfect but that's what i want.

Edited by RagunCajun

Im just curious why you got rid of the 2-1 intake set up. Some people swear by them.

And i have your set up but i have 30 okos. I'm starting with 52 pilots, 102 mains and clip position in the middle. I dont know if that helps. That should put me richer than perfect but that's what i want.

Well from what I have heard the dual 28's flow way better up top than the single 35 carb, I only ride in the sand dunes so I am always up in the RPM's. I have no complaints with the single carb just want to see what the duals will do. Plus these pipes are more top end than my t5's were.

Well from what I have heard the dual 28's flow way better up top than the single 35 carb, I only ride in the sand dunes so I am always up in the RPM's. I have no complaints with the single carb just want to see what the duals will do. Plus these pipes are more top end than my t5's were.

Mikuni Tm's only take hex jets. You cant interchange them, you have to use the jets for the correlating carb.

when you're done playing with the duals, grab a single 38mm PWK... good duner setup.