Jetting my 535....chime in !

lt1bird

Well its running....Seems fine when on the pipe..... at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle its very choppy.... vibrates and seems unhappy.

It has the following

150 psi compression

+5 timing

big bore pipes with silencers

38mm kehin carbs

172 mains

58 pilots

few hunderd feet from sea level 70 degrees

had 58 pilots....thought it was a bit rich...changed to 52 pilots....Did not help....maybe seems a bit lean at 1/8-1/4......

Are people running more than 58's on these engines? Ill put some 60's in and see what happens.

It does not rev clean down low......revs rough until it gets to higher rpms(4k) or higher throttle opening until it runs smooth...

Does everyones run crapy just off idle....super crisp from idle to 1/4 throttle??

Thanks for the help!

Edited by lt1bird

Ill be honest with you. Jetting for something like that is almost impossible. Your best bet is to just chalk it up.....crate up everything you have and get it shipped out to me. Start fresh. Ive heard CC's ending on odd numbers are a bad omen. You need to rebuild maybe shoot for 536 or 534.....Ill pm you with my shipping address. Get me your paypal and ill give you 70 bucks so you can get that thing shipped out.

Well its running....Seems fine when on the pipe..... at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle its very choppy.... vibrates and seems unhappy.

It has the following

150 psi compression

+5 timing

big bore pipes with silencers

38mm kehin carbs

172 mains

58 pilots

few hunderd feet from sea level 70 degrees

had 58 pilots....thought it was a bit rich...changed to 52 pilots....Did not help....maybe seems a bit lean at 1/8-1/4......

Are people running more than 58's on these engines? Ill put some 60's in and see what happens.

It does not rev clean down low......revs rough until it gets to higher rpms(4k) or higher throttle opening until it runs smooth...

Does everyones run crapy just off idle....super crisp from idle to 1/4 throttle??

Thanks for the help!

Are they PWK's or PJ's ? I think your pilots and mains are rich if you have PWK's. What needles do you have?

was out tuning....was coasting down a long hill and it seemed like it was starting to get very tight.....Pulled the clutch and coasted.

Started it back up after a few minutes as I was only a little bit from home..... Guess my pilot jet being to small could cause that?

im running 40:1 ratio....

Went back to the 58 pilot jet....Let the bike warm up this time........adjusted the idle to 2k.... then adjusted the air screw....The happy setting is about 2-1/2 turns out.

At what point will the air screw stop letting more air in? 2-3-4 turns?????

seems to run fine...a little sputtering at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle.....Should I raise needle clip position one to try and reduce the sputtering? Am I on the right track?