34mm or 38mm single carb

ds41

I have the trinitiy 2 to 1 carb setup, with pro circuit pipes, vforce reeds, +4 timing plate, i have two Kiehin's one 34mm and one 38mm i have to order a replacement intake boot.; but i wanted to know which one would run the best the 34 or 38. IF some one could please help, so i could order by this week i would appreciate it.

i have close to the same setup... v force 2 reeds, with knarly pipes and a trinity 2-1 intake and i run a 35mm carb. For a little bit of work i havent been touched by anyone around here... 700 raptor or even banshee's with dual carbs with pipes and reeds. Plus the timing advanced adds a little extra pop.

i have close to the same setup... v force 2 reeds, with knarly pipes and a trinity 2-1 intake and i run a 35mm carb. For a little bit of work i havent been touched by anyone around here... 700 raptor or even banshee's with dual carbs with pipes and reeds. Plus the timing advanced adds a little extra pop.

so i should run the 34 than?

2 into 1 is definately the way to go. I run the 38mm keihin with stock stroke and no porting. Pipey on the bottom but as soon as you give it some throttle the bike takes off. If your want speed go with the 38.

Everything I have done on the dyno indicated a 35mm was almost too big for the motor types you guys are talking about. I put a 38mm lectron on a 460cc cub motor. Its definitely too big for a stock cylinder motor, even with port work.

Everything I have done on the dyno indicated a 35mm was almost too big for the motor types you guys are talking about. I put a 38mm lectron on a 460cc cub motor. Its definitely too big for a stock cylinder motor, even with port work.

Thanks, i saw the dynos, so i'll definitely be running that 34mm as for the 38 it did have good top end, but at the dunes it would always have a bog

• 10 years later...