kennedale texas

trex banshee

ran my best time on asphalt tonight at kennedale texas. Very happy but upset that rain made us leave early. Me and my brothers times just kept improving, tryingt to get used to the fact that you cant just dump the clutch. :biggrin:

Best i ran was a 7.1 and 1.61 60ft time David (my brother) ran a 7.5 with 1.71 60ft time.

David had problems with traction, he didnt have any :biggrin: but till very pleased with 358cc oem cylinder. We are pretty confident that with more seat time and correct setup and better tires we could both break 7.

Edited by trex banshee

ran my best time on asphalt tonight at kennedale texas. Very happy but upset that rain made us leave early. Me and my brothers times just kept improving, tryingt to get used to the fact that you cant just dump the clutch. :biggrin:

Best i ran was a 7.1 and 1.61 60ft time David (my brother) ran a 7.5 with 1.71 60ft time.

David had problems with traction, he didnt have any :biggrin: but till very pleased with 358cc oem cylinder. We are pretty confident that with more seat time and correct setup and better tires we could both break 7.

I live in Arlington not to far away from Kennedale. Do you mind dropping me a line when ya'll go back out there. I would like to check it out.

Yes, you guys were rippin it up ! I was really wanting to see what David would have ran on those taller tires ? :biggrin:

To bad the rain ended our day early.

Jimmy

Edited by duecebanshees

I live in Arlington not to far away from Kennedale. Do you mind dropping me a line when ya'll go back out there. I would like to check it out.

Trex and his brother David drove down from Kansas City area. They came down for the bike/atv night races. You should have came out to the track. :biggrin:

Edited by duecebanshees

Yes, you guys were rippin it up ! I was really wanting to see what David would have ran on those taller tires ? :biggrin:

To bad the rain ended our day early.

Jimmy

Thanks jimmy! We both had a blast and would love to all meet up again and race sometime but with the way things are going to be changing here in about a month i doubt it will happen. :down:

We were both anxious to see how it ran with your tires as well. We are gonna go racing this wednesday night at our local track if the weather is good. We are gonna break 7 sometime! :evil:

Thanks jimmy! We both had a blast and would love to all meet up again and race sometime but with the way things are going to be changing here in about a month i doubt it will happen. :down:

We were both anxious to see how it ran with your tires as well. We are gonna go racing this wednesday night at our local track if the weather is good. We are gonna break 7 sometime! :evil:

I know you both can do it. :cool:

I am also glad to hear you both had a good time. Even though rain cut it short and you drove a long way.

I have been known to drive quite a long ways north to race a couple times a year. Maybe we can meet up at some point later in the year. :biggrin:

Edited by duecebanshees

I know you both can do it. :cool:

I am also glad to hear you both had a good time. Even though rain cut it short and you drove a long way.

I have been known to drive quite a long ways north to race a couple times a year. Maybe we can meet up at some point later in the year. :biggrin:

yeah sounds good to me, im goin tonight!

• 2 years later...

Man I know this is an old post, but I damn near fell out of the chair when I read Kennadale, TX!! I spent more time out there than at home for a long time racing on Friday nights! I remember seeing a couple of Banshees run there and even more up at Denton. I know they surprised me with their quickness and that bithchin' pipey sound. There was a guy who used to come in the Jamieson fence, where I worked in the back fabbing and welding industrial and ornamental gates. He used to talk to a guy named Jason at the counter about draggin' Shee's and streched out chassis. If the guy from around Ft. Worth is still around here, please pm or contact me. I'd love to go out to the track when you do, check out your bike or just shoot the chit. We might know some of the same people?? I love going to Kennadale, spent many nights racing and watching the ProMods run. Even remember when two Top Fuel Dragsters showed up one night from over at Ennis. I got to sit next to Gary Scelzi in the stands and hear his stories of Sand drags in the old days, class act and a great guy. Sorry to go so far off topic, that just kicked up some memories. Thanks,

Lonny Lynn