What has 2003LB gone and done now!

2003LimitedBanshee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I want to try these. I currently have 400ex WORKS shocks with my yfz450 a-arm setup. How much did you pay for your shocks? and what else do i have to get off of a yfz450? hubs? spindles? rotors? let me know

Well I paid a pretty penny for mine, $400 to my door off eBay. You will need 450 spindles at the least. I swapped spindles/hubs/rotors just because I had a preassembled setup sitting around. I haven't had a chance to ride on them yet because I decided to port and swap over a set of cylinders. Doing the port work myself has just taken a little longer, so I haven't ridden them yet, but I have high expectations.

Seeing the last post was Apr 23 i figured i would jump in. I just wanted to share some pics of my setup. my conversion is a little different. my lower mounts were cut / refabed and moved about 2 inches closer to the frame for the clearance i was looking for. I got everything off of ebay for the conversion. the prices inclide shipping. i payed $61 for the hubs/spindles and rotors and i believe it was $121 for upper and lower arms, $50 for the +2 banshee tierods and i`m not sure what the spacers were from 2003LimitedBansh but for what i spent i love it!!

100_3087.jpg

100_3086.jpg

100_3085.jpg

100_3084.jpg

I just bought a set of yfz450 hubs and spindles for $125, now im looking for some YFZ450R shocks to purchase for a decent price. I really like how that front end sits up on your bike 2003limitedbanshee, & I'd love to hear a ride report when you get your bike back together. Any other suggestion on a taller shock? Right now im running a pair of Works 400EX shocks.

I just bought a set of yfz450 hubs and spindles for $125, now im looking for some YFZ450R shocks to purchase for a decent price. I really like how that front end sits up on your bike 2003limitedbanshee, & I'd love to hear a ride report when you get your bike back together. Any other suggestion on a taller shock? Right now im running a pair of Works 400EX shocks.

You can use lt450r shocks as well, they are the right length. You can also get some 17.75" works done up for $650 or so which is the way I am going

So far the little bit of riding I have been able to do, it rides pretty nice. I've only had the chance to ride it up and down the paved road, just since finishing my porting. It doesn't seem to ride very stiff at all and you can see that the suspension is active as you are riding. I am going to make a quick day trip over to the dunes this weekend, mostly to rip on the new porting, but also to test out the suspsension.

Another side note, I think I am going to add extended brake lines with this swap. With the traditional 450 swap, brake lines are not a necessary upgrade, due to the decreased ride height. However, with the added height and width that you already gain with the 450 swap, it puts a much tighter line on the brakes than I would like.

• 2 weeks later...

quick question. i purchased the yfz450 hubs, spindles and rotors. My stock brake calipers wont bolt on, I guess the bolt from my banshee calipers are too short. do i need longer bolts or do i have to run yfz450 brake calipers?

quick question. i purchased the yfz450 hubs, spindles and rotors. My stock brake calipers wont bolt on, I guess the bolt from my banshee calipers are too short. do i need longer bolts or do i have to run yfz450 brake calipers?

No you don't have to run the 450 calipers. I thought I had mentioned it, but you WILL have to pickup some YFZ450 caliper bolts. With the aluminum spindle, the caliper mounting bracket surface is a bit thicker and the stock bolts won't reach.

• 1 month later...