coal hill set-up?

hey guys next year or so im gonna be setting my shee up for the coal hills. what set up should i do? get my .30 cylinders just dune ported and do a 4 mill? or should i do like a 7 or 10mill cub? what should i do for a override, lockout clutch, swingarm and motor set up for ripping up the coal hills? thanks

-kevin

What type of riding do you do?

Is this bike going to be, STRICTLY set up for coal hill?

You should PM Matt with the Yellow banshee, he has a monster, has taking down every hill in PA i think. :evil:

Im sure he could get you started in the right direction.

I cant imagine needing anything more thatn a 4mil, stock ported jugs, some good compression and a decent set of carbs.

The right setup, gearing/tires and some balls you'll make it up any hill out there aswell

thanks! yeah im gonna be making this pretty much strictly for coal hill. but this is gonna be in a little while after i buy my 450. i think i might just do a 4mill dune ported stock cyl motor. i hope matt chimes in here to help me out on this set up!thanks

thanks blessed. im from LI NY. my family is gonna be getting a second house in PA and my dad used to always do these huge sand hills around here and loves hill climbing and once we get our house in PA were gonna start going there a lot. i need to get my shee setup for somewhat mid-top lol. so i might as well do a full blown hillclimber. i just checked on hjr's website and its only like 4 or 500 bucks more to get a cub and a 4mill and everything instead of geting a dune ported 4 mill.

Just to add my .02, Once you have been to Coal Hill three or four times the charm kind of wears

off a bit. Also being honest, providing you got the balls a stock-piped Banshee can just about

climb any climbable hill there. So unless you plan to get into hill climbing, and find other hills to

climb and compete with fellow climbers I would set my bike up just for Coal Hill. I'm not bashing

Coal Hill, I will continue to go up 3 or 4 times per year, but I would'nt build a bike for it. Build

something that you still be somewhat versatile on, like riding some trails, doin a little draggin

and screamin up the hills.

Good luck!

Just to add my .02, Once you have been to Coal Hill three or four times the charm kind of wears

off a bit. Also being honest, providing you got the balls a stock-piped Banshee can just about

climb any climbable hill there. So unless you plan to get into hill climbing, and find other hills to

climb and compete with fellow climbers I would set my bike up just for Coal Hill. I'm not bashing

Coal Hill, I will continue to go up 3 or 4 times per year, but I would'nt build a bike for it. Build

something that you still be somewhat versatile on, like riding some trails, doin a little draggin

and screamin up the hills.

Good luck!

yep, like matts shee :biggrin: good for anything.

yep, like matts shee :biggrin: good for anything.

exactly what im thinkin! im gonna be buying a yfz for trails/mx(or maybe strictly mx :biggrin: ) and this shee is gonna be pretty much strictly coal hill. im thinking 4 mill dune ported with cpi or shears Sb inframes and a +4 or +6 swinger.

dude ur nuts it doesnt take a crazy bike to climb silts. it takes balls and rider experience. its just plain silly to build a bike specificly for 1 spot especially if ur not winning any money. ive never been to coal hill b4 but im guessing its like the rest of pennsylvania riding terrian a shitload of tight wooded rocky muddytrails surrounding a square 1/2 mile of coal dumps. ur not gunna be happy trying to ride that thing on the trails after you get bored of going up hills 2 hrs after you get there.

dude ur nuts it doesnt take a crazy bike to climb silts. it takes balls and rider experience. its just plain silly to build a bike specificly for 1 spot especially if ur not winning any money. ive never been to coal hill b4 but im guessing its like the rest of pennsylvania riding terrian a shitload of tight wooded rocky muddytrails surrounding a square 1/2 mile of coal dumps. ur not gunna be happy trying to ride that thing on the trails after you get bored of going up hills 2 hrs after you get there.
I would advize anyone to build the biggest, baddest motor they can afford. You can never have to much power. I could climb 85% of the hills on a piped banshee. But, on my bike I can climb any hill, and shift through the gears doing it while riding a wheelie.

I would advize anyone to build the biggest, baddest motor they can afford. You can never have to much power. I could climb 85% of the hills on a piped banshee. But, on my bike I can climb any hill, and shift through the gears doing it while riding a wheelie.

i agree! your bike is bad ass!

no prob. yeah ive decide to do what i said above 4mill stroker dune ported stock cyl 33mm pwk's pingle valve, hd fast clutch, pankake bearing, cpi sb inframes etc. what else do you think i should do for more speed that wont kill me on price. i already have VF2's, anything else? should i do pods? thanks