Steering Stem

MikeNick

I recently put a new bearing and seals on my frame for the steering stem and the stem is loose after tightening the lower nut on the stem...You can pull it up and down about a 1/4 inch..When I put the bearing in it basically fell in and then I put the seals in...Anyone ever have a similiar experience..I even put a extra washer on the bottom to try and make it so it doesn't have any up and down play to no avail...Also I used a All Balls Bearing kit for the stem bearing..Any help would be greatly apprciated homies.

I recently put a new bearing and seals on my frame for the steering stem and the stem is loose after tightening the lower nut on the stem...You can pull it up and down about a 1/4 inch..When I put the bearing in it basically fell in and then I put the seals in...Anyone ever have a similiar experience..I even put a extra washer on the bottom to try and make it so it doesn't have any up and down play to no avail...Also I used a All Balls Bearing kit for the stem bearing..Any help would be greatly apprciated homies.

did you put in the bushing?

Ok I got it fixed...I took the bearings and seals out of my old frame and saw that bushing you were talking about, also I'd forgotten to put the bearing holder, the piece that screws in back... :blink: I feel retarded now but it is fixed..