Dyna Ignition?

crashogden

has anyone ever used the dyna ignition. If so what are the pros and cons of running this.

No cons.

Pros: better timing curves, adjust on the fly, put any timing curve in you want, able to advance through programming.

No cons.

Pros: better timing curves, adjust on the fly, put any timing curve in you want, able to advance through programming.

The only con would be price...:) Compared to a stock OEM CDI from a DEALER, it's still cheaper...lol.

If you have the means to program it (laptop, cable and a Dyno to tune it) I say go for it.

The out of the box curves could help or hurt your motor, no guarantee....

I do have a program kit, I program cdi's all the time for guys around here.

I did a few, and I could make the hp move around a bit on the dyno. Curve 3 still loooked really good though. It usually had the fastest run time, and one of the highest torque curves out of all the others I had made or ran it against.

Starts with the same advance, and then holds for a while and tapers off with the same slope as the rest, ends near the same amount of timing as the other 2 curves. All the curves are more advanced than the stock one in slot 4.

post-20806-1237924492_thumb.jpg

Do these curves yall are talking about come on the dyna?

it also says, it has automatic throttle cut off for clutchless shifting. is that good or bad on the tranny?

Its good for the tranny, but you have to wire it up for it to work. The dyna comes with 4 curves. 3 is pretty popular. curve 4 is the stock curve.

Im thinking of putting this on my 06 in the sig,I just did a lockup w/1-4overide 5th,6th clutch,does the ignition kill option come on all dyna boxes or is there one I should look for,How much do they run?

It only comes on the cdi for the late model ignition systems.