gearing

Hey guys I was hoping you guys could help me. I just recently bought an 05 banshee completely stock and I was thinking of changing the front sprocket for a little more low end i wasnt sure if i should go down one tooth or go to a 12t sprocket. Right now all my riding will be trails some of which may be tight trails. I do want to get an after market exhaust but money is tight right now so what do you guys recomend 13t or 12t? Thanks

Hey guys I was hoping you guys could help me. I just recently bought an 05 banshee completely stock and I was thinking of changing the front sprocket for a little more low end i wasnt sure if i should go down one tooth or go to a 12t sprocket. Right now all my riding will be trails some of which may be tight trails. I do want to get an after market exhaust but money is tight right now so what do you guys recomend 13t or 12t? Thanks

Rockymountain has them for $9 each try both see what you like.

So if i wanted more top speed what would be the right gearing to do? i ride open fields all the time. and my mods are just t-3 pipes

I have a 14 and a 44 on mine, with just pro circuit pipes and jetting.. which was great until I had my motor rebuilt by HJR..

I took it out this weekend and it was winding out.. so Kevin told me that stock would work great for the dunes and hard packed dirt

So that's what I'm gonna do

I'd go with a 13.

With a 12...you'll kink and throw that chain, it's too small.

If it still doesn't have the low end you want, go up teeth on the back. ROUGHLY 2.5 teeth more on the back equals 1 tooth less on front.

can't answer on the chain, all depends on how much adjustment is left and how stretched the chain is.

I'd go with a 13.

With a 12...you'll kink and throw that chain, it's too small.

If it still doesn't have the low end you want, go up teeth on the back. ROUGHLY 2.5 teeth more on the back equals 1 tooth less on front.

can't answer on the chain, all depends on how much adjustment is left and how stretched the chain is.

Ok Thanks I'm new to the whole gearing thing so i'll give it a try gonna order me a sprocket sometime this weekend

Edited by jeepers_creepers