Stock carb lock tab

fitz18

Those carb caps should only be hand tight (Risk of them sticking open if you tighten them by a wrench)

I'd say they're pretty much critical...get some at the dealer...or see if a member here has any laying around.

I hate to say this...but in a 100% JAM, duct tape the carb top. I know that's rigged, but if you had a trip planned and couldn't get the parts OR were stuck somewhere, that's what I'd do until I could get the correct part.

Obviously, there is a left and right side holder, make sure you get the right one...

Hi guys, Ive lost the wee lock tab thingy that screws into the left hand carb and keeps the carb cap securely locked. IS it really important or can I ride with out it? Where would I get one?

Thanks Gerard

it's an inkashite part. you can run without, but check it once in a while. :thumbsup: you should be able to buy online, or i can send you one, pay shipping :biggrin:

Those carb caps should only be hand tight (Risk of them sticking open if you tighten them by a wrench)

I'd say they're pretty much critical...get some at the dealer...or see if a member here has any laying around.

I hate to say this...but in a 100% JAM, duct tape the carb top. I know that's rigged, but if you had a trip planned and couldn't get the parts OR were stuck somewhere, that's what I'd do until I could get the correct part.

Obviously, there is a left and right side holder, make sure you get the right one...

really? i've never had one move after hand tightening, and they don't really seem to clamp, just seemed to be incase it starts to loosen. i hand tighten, too :shrug:

really? i've never had one move after hand tightening, and they don't really seem to clamp, just seemed to be incase it starts to loosen. i hand tighten, too :shrug:

When it comes to the possibility of a slide sticking on a bike, be it track, trail, etc., I tend to err on the side of caution.

When a bike sticks WOT, it's never when you expect it....LOL.

If you use the hold downs correctly (sometimes you have to bend them toward the carb) there is no way that cap can loosen up.

Put a notch on the carb cap into the little V on the hold down, it won't go anywhere...