Single Carb Setup!

What Is The Best Needle!  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im not that good with carbs but i got a 2 into 1 also. Sheerider told me how to fix this so im going to take his advice and try the eek. I already have 185 main and 55 pilot so im gonna try a new needle and see what happens. I just dont want to buy 20 jetts till i figure it out if it come to be to bad ill send it out to get tuned. From what i have rode and felt in the difference of it i think ill like it alot. I have read here and other sites good and bad about it but u know its just like everything else one likes one dislikes its all in what u personally want or perfer. Jetting i have heard from everyone is a tottally b itch but once its running.............

On a 2 into 1 its the needles you have to buy that cost alot. you only need jet sizes 180-205. Needles most of he time need to be dek, eek, eej, and sometimes a weird size like dgk. Those setups run real weird, main jets dont make as much difference as the needles make.

On a 2 into 1 its the needles you have to buy that cost alot. you only need jet sizes 180-205. Needles most of he time need to be dek, eek, eej, and sometimes a weird size like dgk. Those setups run real weird, main jets dont make as much difference as the needles make.

I have a feeling i'm gonna be the weird setup cause i dont know whats in my engine! When I tried this setup before I had a DEK needle and my bike would ONLY run with it in the full rich position. It ram great though from 1/4-top but was a little hard to start especially once it got cold out and would always foul plugs if left idle for 10 seconds or even just getting it started.

I have a feeling i'm gonna be the weird setup cause i dont know whats in my engine! When I tried this setup before I had a DEK needle and my bike would ONLY run with it in the full rich position. It ram great though from 1/4-top but was a little hard to start especially once it got cold out and would always foul plugs if left idle for 10 seconds or even just getting it started.

There is not going to be much special about it. Jetting and needles for a stock bike with pipes compared to a 4 mill, is relatively close. Maybe two sizes different between main jets, a pilot size, and th difference between an eej and a dek.

There are tons of things that could be wrong with your bike. Squish, electrical, reeds, etc....... The key is to get the jetting to where it should be close, if nothing changes, then you have to look elsewhere for problems.

So far i'm running a EEK (Middle Clip), 190 main and 50 pilot. I think I need to jump up to a 52 or 55 pilot. Other then that I'm on the right track

I have never had a pilot in any 2 into 1 bike over a 50 size. we run a 42 in a 396cc 4 mill with a dune ported motor. A lot of people tend to put way too small needles in, way too big pilot jets, and usually way too big of a main jet. Or way too small of a main jet.

I have never had a pilot in any 2 into 1 bike over a 50 size. we run a 42 in a 396cc 4 mill with a dune ported motor. A lot of people tend to put way too small needles in, way too big pilot jets, and usually way too big of a main jet. Or way too small of a main jet.

Well I have all the pilots from 40-60 so i guess all I can do is try them and see where I end up. From what your saying though I guess i should try a 45-48ish 1st and see what happens. For the most part I think i'm pretty close on the needle and main. I'm not worried about being a little rich especially with the way the temp changes around here