110 race gas

MILO

ok, thanks again for the help guys.

i don't even have all of my parts back yet to get her back together so in the mean time i'll be scouting around to see what i can come up with for gas and prices. at least now i know what to look for. :beer:

If you have a small airport near by they sell 100LL Av fuel I pay about 2.30-2.50 a gallon at the pump. I ran this in my 110+ sled with no problems. it has tons of lead which the 2 strokes love + you know it has to be super clean because they run it in planes and they have to follow FAA rules and such which are very strict.

this is what you need to look fo when getting race fuel. you need to look for the MON (motor octane number). that is the true octane number.

here is a ex. vp 110, this a brand of race fuel.

MON is 107, this number is measured under a varying load that best represents whats going on in your engine. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO LOOK FOR.

RON (Research Octane number) is 113, this number is measured through research, NEVER use to determine which race fuel

R+M/2 is 110 (RON+MON/2) this is the yellow sticker you see at the pumps.

so some guys have been telling you to go with 103 or 104, this should work for you. i don't know what number they are talking about, lets assume there talking about R+M/2 just like how vp 110 is usually referred to.

another ex. MOTORSPORT 103, vp product also.

MON is 99

RON is 107

R+M/2: 103

so you can see how if you go by the wrong octane number you could get in trouble.

2001stroker that shit cheap for what you pay. :thumbsup: vp 110 is around $10/gal, trick 110 is $8/gal and torco 110 is $7.50/gal.

here is a site that will calculate your blending of octane. http://www.motorsportsracingfuels.com/OctaneCalculator.html

good luck and have fun. :thumbsup:

2001stroker that shit cheap for what you pay. :thumbsup: vp 110 is around $10/gal, trick 110 is $8/gal and torco 110 is $7.50/gal.

Damn. Maybe it's so cheap here because I live by one of the bigger ports. Chesapeake Bay and Intercoastal Waterway. Most all of the major fuel companies are on the water around here. That's where I go to get my fuel.

Damn. Maybe it's so cheap here because I live by one of the bigger ports. Chesapeake Bay and Intercoastal Waterway. Most all of the major fuel companies are on the water around here. That's where I go to get my fuel.

yeah that could be :shrug:. shit you won't catch me paying $10/gal for vp, now that a rip off. $7.50 is the cheapest around here, from what i'm aware of. even shell's 110 is like $7.50/gal to like $8/gal, something like that. :down: that's what some of my frinds run in there ds650's.

they could lower the prices by making smaller barrels. :biggrin:

ok, so i've seen the MON #'s when i was searching around different sites. i think that was on the Sunoco or Bazell site. so you're saying that if i go with the Sunoco 110, or Cam2 (same thing) that i should be fine, because it's actually lists at 105 MON, right?

and how does it usually compare to regular gas prices. i mean, you guys that are paying around $7 or more / gallon, what's the average 92 / 93 prices in your area? it's like $2.19 here.

Edited by MILO

ok, so i've seen the MON #'s when i was searching around different sites. i think that was on the Sunoco or Bazell site. so you're saying that if i go with the Sunoco 110, or Cam2 (same thing) that i should be fine, because it's actually lists at 105 MON, right?

and how does it usually compare to regular gas prices. i mean, you guys that are paying around $7 or more / gallon, what's the average 92 / 93 prices in your area? it's like $2.19 here.

yeah sunoco 110 is 105 you would be fine. and pump gas around here is about $2/gal for 91, we don't have 92/93.

i get my fuel at a hotrod shop here in town. try calling your local race shops and ask for prices, if they don't sell race fuel i'm sure they could tell you were to get it.