please help !111

candybanshee

just got done a full motor build and put the motor in the frame this morning . 4 kicks later she started to purrr . turned her off to adjust carbs and kickded again and she rolled right over and began to idle. then out of no were she shut off n now i am not getting any spark at the plugs please help asap

just got done a full motor build and put the motor in the frame this morning . 4 kicks later she started to purrr . turned her off to adjust carbs and kickded again and she rolled right over and began to idle. then out of no were she shut off n now i am not getting any spark at the plugs please help asap

Check the pickup gap and be sure the flywheel is tight. check all connections, to be sure none vibrated loose. let us know

Very simple...get a clymers manual and check a couple of things with an ohm tester...check the stator first as they seem to be the most prone to fail. Then check your pickup coil, then the ignition coil itself. replace the plug cap boots as they are cheap and are also prone to fail...if all is good then it sounds like its gonna be your CDI box. I listed these somewhat in order as to how they "usually" fail. Your bike might be sparking even though you think it isn't.

Oh, almost forgot, replace the plugs first before anything else as well as the vent hose off the gas tank, if it's clogged then the bike wont run...

I had a friend chase what he thought was an electrical issue and spent almost a grand on replacing everything and to his surprise, his vent hose was clogged!

Good luck!

my cousin's bike done the same thing. we checked the stator and everything. but there is a lil black box on the frame under the tank. i think its smtn to do with the TORS or whatever that was the problem with his bike we unplugged it........ runs fine now.

Edited by POORBOY350