head lights

I have been thinking hard about ditching my stockers and picking up some trail ones. I'm talking about the little circle ones that like all dunner bikes have. Well I don't wana get rid of the stockers because I like the look with the head light covers on them. But I also want the trail lights so I figured I could have both. The stocker being low beems and the trail lights being high beems. I want to put the trail lights in the 2 little scoops under the rad hood. I want to know if this could be done and if some one could tell me how. Keep in mind that I have a 89 wiring harness. Thank you.....

your better off adding the new lights to the bars and keeping the stock ones where they are. you will get a flood with the stock that wont move, and use spots for the handle bars that will move when you turn and a better beam because of the height. Makes a big diff. between stock height and 2 feet up.. just my 2c.. you wont get any movement adding more lights to the frame...

i was thinking of putting some new lights on this year too just wondering never seen a bike with the trail tech lights on how good do those little things actually work?

they work well. they do not have hi and low beams.

the options that you have is a spot and flood beam.

i believe the set that i had, had one of each.

they are really good.. depending on your stator.. I have the 250w moose stator.. I hooked up the trail tech lights w/50w bulbs and I was out at Glamis.. Lots of light drownds out in the dunes... I like to ride fast, even at night and they were great for me! if your riding trails, they will be great... I have some buddies with the 35w lights and those are good as well.

Just wish I would have bought the handle bar clamps that the computer installs into.. I just velcrowed it to the top!!

on at the same time right? I have mine hooked up to my stock switch. they only work on the high setting.. when i hook up the secind set im gonna put on a second switch... i found one from radio shack. round blck switch with a blue litup backing w/ leds... as far as hooking up them so they work seprately with the stock switch, i dont see why you cant get that to work, but why not just have full power all the time.. i am going to use the ones on my handle bars with spot beams and the ones going into the stock location will be my floods.. but they will be on together to get a good spread.. i just dont want to mess with the stock switch any more than i have to..

you can run them both, you just have to wire them up to run one set at a time.

on your stock plugs you will have three wires, black-green and yellow. if you want to use your stockers for low beam's then cut the yellow wire and use it to feed the positive side of your new lights. you can either tap the black wire for ground or run the new light grounds to the frame.

if you want to run your stockers as high beams then cut the green wires to power the new lights.

you can also wire both to run at the same time by tapping the yellow wire for power to the new lights, that way the stockers only run on low and all four will run on high but unless you have an aftermarket stator i dont reccomend it, all four lights running on a stock stator will be realy dim and eventualy burn something up....

you can run them both, you just have to wire them up to run one set at a time.

on your stock plugs you will have three wires, black-green and yellow. if you want to use your stockers for low beam's then cut the yellow wire and use it to feed the positive side of your new lights. you can either tap the black wire for ground or run the new light grounds to the frame.

if you want to run your stockers as high beams then cut the green wires to power the new lights.

you can also wire both to run at the same time by tapping the yellow wire for power to the new lights, that way the stockers only run on low and all four will run on high but unless you have an aftermarket stator i dont reccomend it, all four lights running on a stock stator will be realy dim and eventualy burn something up....

thanks bud thats was exactly what i was looking for.

your better off adding the new lights to the bars and keeping the stock ones where they are. you will get a flood with the stock that wont move, and use spots for the handle bars that will move when you turn and a better beam because of the height. Makes a big diff. between stock height and 2 feet up.. just my 2c.. you wont get any movement adding more lights to the frame...

X2 on that one!

And you don't want anything blocking those nose piece air scoops! They're there for a reason, for air to flow to the radiator! Hey andy, got any extra 35w bulbs laying around?

Trail riding Monday will not be an option for me + I hear hell will be pouring out there! But I think we're doing a short Glamis run next weekend! :biggrin: