looking to trade10mil trex for stock drag motor..

Guest utleybanshee

Here is the origional set of PM's I traded back and forth w/him about the top end on PS.

Cub top end.

sheefreak

Junky

Loc: B.C. Michigan When you say scratch, can you feel this scratch or is it just a visible thing?

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote

Unread By: none

#591718 - 01/17/09 01:25 PM Re: Cub top end.

sheefreak

Junky

Loc: B.C. Michigan oh and will this come w/stud extenders and water jacket plugs?

#591764 - 01/17/09 03:38 PM Re: Cub top end.

utleybanshee

Stranger

Loc: SC i have the stud extenders.. im not familiar with water jacket plugs what are they..?

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote

#591790 - 01/17/09 05:32 PM Re: Cub top end.

sheefreak

Junky

Loc: B.C. Michigan I am not sure, I have never run a cub I just hear them advertised w cubs. What about the scratch? Where in the cylinder is it?

#591813 - 01/17/09 06:45 PM Re: Cub top end.

utleybanshee

Stranger

Loc: SC the scratch is right about the exhaust port.. at the beggining of the compression stage.. motor still ran fine.. this was a 10 second 1/4 motor on a stock frame.. nate mccoy put it together and did all the work.. the only reason im selling is b/c im going to a 10mil dmx..

#591815 - 01/17/09 06:47 PM Re: Cub top end.

utleybanshee

Stranger

Loc: SC cylinders are fully polished..

#591817 - 01/17/09 06:50 PM Re: Cub top end.

utleybanshee

Stranger

Loc: SC i think the waterjacket plugs are for the dm cylinders b/c they intakes are too big for the hose to go in between..

#591841 - 01/17/09 08:01 PM Re: Cub top end.

sheefreak

Junky

Loc: B.C. Michigan Looking at the picture of the domes(particularly the right one) it looks like they are pitted? Is it just moisture, are they in good shape? Sorry bout all the questions.

#591854 - 01/17/09 09:25 PM Re: Cub top end.

utleybanshee

Stranger

Loc: SC just moisture motor never ran lean or anything like dat.. had a broke oring on the coolhead..

umm lets see the fucking cylinders were posted with many pics showing that they had an imperfrection... so once again...; if a person didn't want them they shouldn't have bought them..

"imperfection" is a understatment.. You told me that the cylinders could be ran as they are with the "imperfection" because your builder said that its fine since the "imperfection" was above the exhaust port and not below it.

If I remember right.. Sheefreak said he knew he'd have to replate them reguardless of what you said. Its the piston and dome that he pissed about because he specifically asked you about the possible damage to them...

And Just to make it clear.. Nate didn't say anything negative towards you or the motor. He was 100% neutral and just informed me of some of the history and where the motor has been. No more.. no less...

This is off topic but I am curious.

What is in the 69?

engine:

trans:

rearend:

gear ratio:

cam lift and duration:

heads and cc:

intake:

torque converter:

pistons:

crank:

rocker arms:

I am a camaro lover I just wanted to know if you did it right or if its sporting a 350 :evil:

Guest utleybanshee
This is off topic but I am curious.

What is in the 69?

engine:

trans:

rearend:

gear ratio:

cam lift and duration:

heads and cc:

intake:

torque converter:

pistons:

crank:

rocker arms:

I am a camaro lover I just wanted to know if you did it right or if its sporting a 350 :evil:

cant tell you all that bruh... but it runs low 4's in the 8th.. its a straight pro mod.....runs off a racepack everything thing digital...from the nos bottle warmers to the air pressure and tire tempature..

Guest utleybanshee
"imperfection" is a understatment.. You told me that the cylinders could be ran as they are with the "imperfection" because your builder said that its fine since the "imperfection" was above the exhaust port and not below it.

If I remember right.. Sheefreak said he knew he'd have to replate them reguardless of what you said. Its the piston and dome that he pissed about because he specifically asked you about the possible damage to them...

And Just to make it clear.. Nate didn't say anything negative towards you or the motor. He was 100% neutral and just informed me of some of the history and where the motor has been. No more.. no less...

and i asked u 2x was there something i needed to know about the motor.. u said no nothing serious..... i pretty much gave him the coolhead and domes so where does he have room to complain.. i told him the piston and domes was like that from moisture go back and read the messages he posted...