how does this clutch look?

hollisatp

I had problems wit this clutch. I would shift and it would slip for a second, then catch and hold.. I had a problem with coolant entering my gear case. I used ATF to try to clean it all out, but when I drained it this time, there was a little bit of the gray sludge left.. I was curious to knw if the clutch looks worn, or it was the leftover collant that caused the clutch to slip?

post-20703-1234980460_thumb.jpg

It doesnt look horrible ,if your tight on money leaveit.I have a serious problem with replacing stuff for shits and giggles so you might wantanother opinion.Thank you for trying to help #1 banshee in glamis,his bike will be at my house sat.. I think he worped something due to detonation,thats why o-ring wont hold,

hey sleeper.. one couple more questions.. I put it back together and am trying to adjust the cable.. The book says to tighten the bearing adjuster (pancake) until the arrows line up on the case and the cable holder.. but nothing moves when I tighten the adjuster on the clutch basket.. the only time it moves is when I unscrew the cable at the lever, but then I cannot get the arrows to line up.. any help appreciated.. the only thing it says is that I cannot get it to adjust right, the cable might be streched too far???

Edited by hollisatp

hey sleeper.. one couple more questions.. I put it back together and am trying to adjust the cable.. The book says to tighten the bearing adjuster (pancake) until the arrows line up on the case and the cable holder.. but nothing moves when I tighten the adjuster on the clutch basket.. the only time it moves is when I unscrew the cable at the lever, but then I cannot get the arrows to line up.. any help appreciated.. the only thing it says is that I cannot get it to adjust right, the cable might be streched too far???

What you need to do is hold your clutch lever right were the pressure first starts on the handle then adj the screw in you bearing on you clutch till the arrows line up. The lever you are lining the arrow up with will not move till you put pressure on the clutch lever. You wnat to just feel the cltuch pressure when the arrows line up.