what carbs

motavated

right now i have 2into1 35pwk carb kit by trinity and im getting tired of fooling with it no matter what i do its too lean im going to by 2 new carbs what size do u think its a long rod motor with 66mm pistons 916's timing advance shaved head and mx ported jugs? i just ordered a cool head so my comp is going to be up there

right now i have 2into1 35pwk carb kit by trinity and im getting tired of fooling with it no matter what i do its too lean im going to by 2 new carbs what size do u think its a long rod motor with 66mm pistons 916's timing advance shaved head and mx ported jugs? i just ordered a cool head so my comp is going to be up there

What needle, mains, pilot, and air screw setting are you running in the 35mm single carb?

Hmmm... It always being to lean sounds like a larger problem in itself.

I believe if you can not get it to richen up you might have a massive air leak that is allowing too much air to come in no matter how much fuel you run into the motor(through jetting) you may want to look into this before trying to address something that may not ultimately be your problem.

52 pilot, 210 main eej needle center clip air fuel screw is a 1 and a 1/4 is there a good way to ck for a air leak can i spray carb cleaner around my boots and stuff

Best way to test for an air leak is to pull the exhaust and the carbs. Cap the exhaust ports. Cap one intake. Rig the other cap for the second intake with an airline, pressure regulator and a valve. Set the pressure regulator to 6 psi. Open the valve and pressurize the crankcase to the preset 6 psi. Close the valve and time the leak back rate. You should be able to hold 6 psi for 6 minutes.

Another way is to check the case under vacuum but few people have a way to generate pressure less then 1 bar and/or measure pressure less then 1 bar. It wouldn't take much under 1 bar to test. You surely wouldn't want to generate anything near a hard vacuum in your cases, it would be much the same as over pressurizing them.

But yes, you could use carb cleaner while its running. Just not how I would do it.

Good luck

SP

52 pilot, 210 main eej needle center clip air fuel screw is a 1 and a 1/4 is there a good way to ck for a air leak can i spray carb cleaner around my boots and stuff

Should be 45 pilot, 195 main, 1.5 turns out on air screw. needle may need to be eek, but eej should be close.