Any Ford Mechanics here

downNdirty

Hope someone will be able to help me out. I asked in a Ford Forum and no one answers me. Hell they even locked my introduction thread.

I'm trying to find out if the drive shaft center support bearing on a 02 F250 is a pressed on or just a slip on.

So If someone can shed some light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am replacing the whole set up. Not just the bearing. I said bearing should have said the complete set up. I called and talked to this mechanic and he said he had to press it on. I asked him was it a chevy dodge. etc. He said no it was a ford. I asked him how much to install it and the new u joints. He told me 4 hours of work at the 85 an hour shop rate. He then said he would cut me a break an do it for 300. I hung up on his ass.

Lucky bastard... The set up with a discount cost me just under 50 bucks. Fuck it. This weekend is suppose to be real nice out. I'll get under the truck and get my hands dirty. If it needs to be pressed on. Then I will just have to take it somewhere. I just hate laying on the ground working. I need a damn lift.

Lucky bastard... The set up with a discount cost me just under 50 bucks. Fuck it. This weekend is suppose to be real nice out. I'll get under the truck and get my hands dirty. If it needs to be pressed on. Then I will just have to take it somewhere. I just hate laying on the ground working. I need a damn lift.

The acrried bearing is pressed on the drive line. If you take the drive line out and take it to any shop they should be able to press the old one off and the new one back on for you pretty cheap. I know it takes my guys about 30 mins to press them off and on here in my shop.