flywheel lightening

12mm

Main problem is OEM flywheel bodies are stamped, not machined and factory balanced after attaching the hub. As soon as you put a tool bit to one it throws out the already marginal factory balance.

That is pretty much what I do with them... Indicate on two axis in a 4-jaw chuck. Some are way off balance after machining, some not. I just use a set of balancing weys, if I did dynamic balancing I would expect even worse.

when manchined ,it must be indicated in and cut off a oem crank nub to insure its balanced and concentric to the inner taper ,stock is about 50 ounces most shops get about 8-9 ounces off of them i have ran some ive modifed down to only 32 ounces for drag applications , its a very noticable improvment in throttle response and reducing the delayed hesatation banshees are known for off idle

Well there you go... some like em and some don't! Personally, I prefer the power delivery. I usually am either in the throttle or not. In fact, I would run a total loss ignition if it were not such a PITA for what I normally do.

On the bright side, it is pretty inexpensive and easy to give it a try :biggrin: :down:

Well, Im one of the few Builders that does NOT like Lightened flywheels. We have tried them on the dyno, on the track, in the trees, and on the hill. If you want your motor to "sound" faster than put one on. Other than that i didnt like what they did and yes they do make it easier to stall, or bog becuase of lack of inertia! IMO