Banshee loosing its Virginity :)

1quickshee

Well now that i got a little of money to put in to my toys :evil:

Its time to open the motor up on the sheeeeee

Lmk what you guys think.

My banshee is a virgin not motor port no bore noting.

My current mods are, CPIs, Vforce reeds and a K&N intake.

I want to stay stock carbs and with the air box (stockieeee look ;) )

Now should i go a full drag port or a mild, i'm planning on putting a stroker but later on.

I know you cant go drag then put a stroker because you got to re port it, and after a full port it cant be done.(correct me if im wrong)

I'm also planning on shaving the heads, and changing the pistons.

I also have the choice of either staying with 93 octane or switching over to AV which they said i can gain 2 or 3 mph

any suggestions would be greatttt

Have to ask the default questions-What kind of riding do you do? Porting will be determined by what you're doing w/ the bike...drags, trails, desert, track, etc..

My opinion is to do things slowly-and not introduce alot of different mods at once-that can leave you dumb founded if things don't end up working right. For example if you get a new head, crank, pistons-and then you can't figure out why your compression is too low/high-you can have a combination of several issues.

If she's virgin a good port and milled head will be a big difference.. i had cpi's, stock carbs, a mild port, and milled head for 4 seasons and was very happy w/ it in the dunes..

The milled stock head is a no brainer, it's cheap and effective. If you still plan on dune/desert riding, a full drag port job may be a little extreme, but just my opinion. I've had alot of friends who had to be the fastest-then realized after big$$-the fastest drag bikes aren't very fun to ride anywhere but on the drags..

Milled head and mild to medium port job will give you a the biggest noticable increase. Then you may want to install a timing advance plate, and make sure to dial in the jetting as you go.

When I installed a 4mm stroker, I didn't require any more porting, per LA Sleeve anyway. Teh mild was fine, they just cleaned it up. Technically a stroker will draw in more air thru the same ports..

the type of gas will be determined byt he compression you have, I see alot of people use 160psi as a rule of thumb. anything over should start mixing in race gas.. simply using different octane on the same motor doesn't make more power...