Size domes for Glamis..

hollisatp

With my mods, any gain going to 20cc domes?

Fresh rebuild, 93 octane..

Thanks!

what kind of fuel are you wanting to run? ide drop down to 18,s myself but then you have to run 105+ prolly more like 110 octane

before I rebuilt mine I had about the same setup and was running 19cc domes and I found that running 92 octain with some NOS octain booster worked awesome at around 1.5oz per gallon. the booster should bring it up to about 97-98 octain and you can feel a real gifference in torque so running 20cc domes on that mixture should be great as well. Or I bought this stuff called Real Lead that I havent run yet but it makes pump gas race gas the more you add the higher the octain. but you can run 93 on 20cc domes if you like it should run fine when your ready to go have some fun dump some octain boost in and play

Edited by Darthwall

before I rebuilt mine I had about the same setup and was running 19cc domes and I found that running 92 octain with some NOS octain booster worked awesome at around 1.5oz per gallon. the booster should bring it up to about 97-98 octain and you can feel a real gifference in torque so running 20cc domes on that mixture should be great as well. Or I bought this stuff called Real Lead that I havent run yet but it makes pump gas race gas the more you add the higher the octain. but you can run 93 on 20cc domes if you like it should run fine when your ready to go have some fun dump some octain boost in and play

now thats an interesting quote>... I heard that octane booster is a sham..??

Anyone want to second me on that??

also, can I go further with my timing? I am at +4 now.. I dont want to risk anything, just dont want to be way far off what it could be producing..

Anyone know how to find stations with high octaine gas? Is there one in Brawley? (outside glamis)

Thanks!

Edited by hollisatp

also, can I go further with my timing? I am at +4 now.. I dont want to risk anything, just dont want to be way far off what it could be producing..

Anyone know how to find stations with high octaine gas? Is there one in Brawley? (outside glamis)

Thanks!

If your running +4, 20cc domes would be the absolute max for pump gas.

From what I have read, not a complete sham. The way I understand octane booster in a bottle is that a +2 to +3 octane increases are doable. Problem is that for about the same $$$ a person can buy a similar octane fuel to start with. At any rate, I personally would never use any of them as a substitute for a higher octane fuel, especially on a 2-stroke! But thats JMHO.

There is no "ideal" "Banshee" ignition advance, too many variables. However, for a typical 350 running typical pump gas compression +4 is about what you want. Start changing parameters much beyond typical and it gets pretty interesting...

I have never been to Glamis, so not much help there. Post you location and I am sure someone knows where to get good fuel. I always bring my own fuel from home. If I run out of gas I usually quit riding and start drinking :blink: I don't like buying gas from unfamiliar places and only very rarely will I use someones elses fuel. Again, JMHO for what it's worth...

Thanks!

I kinda know what you mean by its a sham but go out and get a bottle of NOS Offroad booster go to your local schucks checker any larger auto parts store its not to cheap I think I paid like 18 bucks for 16oz bottle and mix it like 1.25-1.5oz per gallon and see if you can feel a difference in respons but be careful dont mix too much it runs hott

Thanks!

Were do u live first off? You can buy vp 110 at your local dealer or u can buy it out at glamis at vender row for got the name of the place it is right aross from big belly crew u can buy 5 gal for 50 bucks..