per mix

JEFF C

need help!!! new to the 2 stroke scene i just bought a 99 banshee it has twin FMF pipes,and thats all i now right now,but it goes like a scared cat,BUT when this tank of gas runs out how much oil goes with the gas,i will be useing a 10 gallion gas can!what kind of oil should i use thanks from CANADA jeff

i ran..

KLOTZ 2 STROKE TECHNIPLATE R ... R 50

1 pint to 5 gall 40:1

http://www.moto-man.com/Klotz_c_400-1.html

now i run maxima castor 927 with my alky

1 pint to 4 gallons... 32:1

http://www.maximausa.com/products/2stroke/castor927.asp

a must ....

http://www.slyfoxmx.com/pd_2.cfm

what part of canda? i'm guessin that it's well below 35 degrees, so really pay attention to that part on the back of the bottle because most separate and will give issues. castor 927 sells additive for theirs because of that, but i just run torco GP-7. in the winter you can mix 40:1 or 50:1 because it will run better and the oil will stay in the engine longer. 40:1 is 16oz per 5 gallons. that's half a litre/quart. for a 10 gallon, simply pour a bottle in and fill it with gas- if you have to mix it better than that, i wouldn't trust it not to separate. i would rather have an oil that separates at high temps, than low.

ps, welcome to bhq :beer:

what part of canda? i'm guessin that it's well below 35 degrees, so really pay attention to that part on the back of the bottle because most separate and will give issues. castor 927 sells additive for theirs because of that, but i just run torco GP-7. in the winter you can mix 40:1 or 50:1 because it will run better and the oil will stay in the engine longer. 40:1 is 16oz per 5 gallons. that's half a litre/quart. for a 10 gallon, simply pour a bottle in and fill it with gas- if you have to mix it better than that, i wouldn't trust it not to separate. i would rather have an oil that separates at high temps, than low.

ps, welcome to bhq :beer:

i live in forrt mcmurray alberta and it is -32f here right now as we speak lol but i run h1r belray 32:1 or 40:1 in the summer and allways 32:1 in the winter because the air is alot more dense and i use si7 belray in the winter and never had a problem and starts 1st or second kick hope this helps

i live in forrt mcmurray alberta and it is -32f here right now as we speak lol but i run h1r belray 32:1 or 40:1 in the summer and allways 32:1 in the winter because the air is alot more dense and i use si7 belray in the winter and never had a problem and starts 1st or second kick hope this helps

dmn how you get it to start that easy? -22 right now and dew points around the lows for the nights. frost in the jugs, iced carbs, ice in kill switch, etc... i have to heat alot of stuff to get it going, even the kicker to make it catch. it'll start easy till the next day. what coolant you run?